Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Indian Spirit. I want to change the transmission oil and the owner manual says to use Indian 80w-90 transmission oil. My service manual says 80-90 gear oil. Does anyone have an opinion on a good brand of oil to use? I also want to change the primary chain and wet clutch oil and the manual says use Indian primary oil. Again can anyone recommend the proper oil for this year bike? Thanks for any recommendations.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
U can use most any brand of 80w90 gear oil. It's the same oil that Harley would run if you want a brand. Use the oils used in Harley primary, and Harley oil if you wish. J&P has motorcycle oils too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 Indian Spirit. I want to change the transmission oil and the owner manual says to use Indian 80w-90 transmission oil. My service manual says 80-90 gear oil. Does anyone have an opinion on a good brand of oil to use? I also want to change the primary chain and wet clutch oil and the manual says use Indian primary oil. Again can anyone recommend the proper oil for this year bike? Thanks for any recommendations.
I have o3 and run 20 w 50

·
Bronze member
1,951 Posts
You can run Mobil 1 75-90. You can also run redline shockproof heavy or regular. Both are excellent gear specific oils. I use Mobil myself, as it gets the job done well and is a little less expensive than redline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts