Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a hard ride at sturgis. While there I noticed that whenever the bike was cold it was very hard to put it into 2nd gear. After it warmed up, not problem. Also, noted that when downshifting, if done to quickly, the display would read -- instead of the gear you were actually in. Then I would have to release the clutch lightly and the correct gear would display. After riding the bike home, I took her over to get detailed and noticed that the transmission light was on. The next day when I started her up, the light was gone.

Anyone had a similar experience with the issues I referenced or with the transmission light coming on?

Have to admit, the bike was awesome. Aside from what I mentioned, she cruises at 110 effortlessly.

Glad I got the 5 year warranty and for free I might add. Hopefully, the transmission is a fluke and Indian will tell me the same.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Scparmy,

Yes, I have a classic and run into the same problem with 2nd gear. The same thing happens to my girlfriends vintage and it has 17K miles on it. It's one of the quirky things that some of us have to deal with I suppose. I have heard a few other riders mention the same thing.

I have a similar issue but mine is when I use the kill switch and then turn the power on with the electirc starter I get the check engine light. I turn everything off, turn it back on (with the black button) and everything is fine.

We got the first year bike bugs. I'm sure Indian is aware, I'm sure the 2015's won't have those issues.

See you at Sturgis 75th next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts