Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Baxley SB001, single motorcycle trailer...Does anyone know if the front tire/ fender will fit in the chock without the chock damaging the front fender?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Had to cut about 2" off the top of my harbor freight wheel chock. I hate it though,as I almost can't back out of it with out my wife pushing on the front of the bike. I want one of the fancy ones some one posted here that the front tire stays flat on the ground and a pneumatic shock closes the chock. Supposed to fit the skirted Indian fender just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Had to cut about 2" off the top of my harbor freight wheel chock. I hate it though,as I almost can't back out of it with out my wife pushing on the front of the bike. I want one of the fancy ones some one posted here that the front tire stays flat on the ground and a pneumatic shock closes the chock. Supposed to fit the skirted Indian fender just fine.
This may be what you are looking for
WheelDock Motorcycle Wheel Chock - EZ Up Center Stand

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Wheel Dock Motorcycle Wheel Chock looks like a very well designed and engineered product, and appears to be a custom fit for Indian bikes. I sure would like, though, to hear a first-hand account from an Indian owner who actually has one and uses it without any problems or fit issues with the big front fender.
Anyone have one yet? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I have a 2005 Baxley SB001, single motorcycle trailer...Does anyone know if the front tire/ fender will fit in the chock without the chock damaging the front fender?
LawDawg
I had a group of bikers going on a cross country trip. Because I only knew half of them, didn't know the quality of their bikes, & I was the lead for the ride I picked up a trailer at a used car lot. I then modified it to fit my VTX Retro 1800, which also has a low front finder. Total cost trailer remodel, tires, parts $255. After trip (which two Harley's broke down, one ran out of gas) I sold the trailer for $375.
Modifying the trailer is much cheaper than buying a new one.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The SB001 already has a nice wheel dock system. This is a very nice high-n trailer system. Everything in the pics look like it would have no issues with trailering an Indian. Best bet is to take the trailer to your dealer & check out the bike dynamics/fit.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
The Wheel Dock Motorcycle Wheel Chock looks like a very well designed and engineered product, and appears to be a custom fit for Indian bikes. I sure would like, though, to hear a first-hand account from an Indian owner who actually has one and uses it without any problems or fit issues with the big front fender.

I have one for my Chieftain.
I think it is the best accessory that I have purchased.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have one for my Chieftain.
I think it is the best accessory that I have purchased.
Very good to hear... just what I was looking for.
Thanks Dan!

·
Registered
478 Posts

I have one for my Classic. Works perfectly, YT demo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LawDawg
I had a group of bikers going on a cross country trip. Because I only knew half of them, didn't know the quality of their bikes, & I was the lead for the ride I picked up a trailer at a used car lot. I then modified it to fit my VTX Retro 1800, which also has a low front finder. Total cost trailer remodel, tires, parts $255. After trip (which two Harley's broke down, one ran out of gas) I sold the trailer for $375.
Modifying the trailer is much cheaper than buying a new one.
I had a new 2003 Honda VTX 1800 R model, no issues with the fender on my Baxley trailer, you know the R model has a low rear part of the front fender, it fit great in my trailer with room to spare....I actuall called Baxley trailers, and a tech finally called me back...He said the older trailers might have an issue with the full Indian fender, my trailer is a 2005..He suggested I have someone sit on an Indian at a dealership, then measure the rear fender to the floor and the width of the fender, then measure the chock when it's in the clamping position and see if there is enough room...You'd think a MC trailer manufacture would know this but that's what I'm gonna do and now I see Indian will have a demo ride in last March in Houston, just a hop from where I live..I'll check it then, I told him I'd really hate to buy one and the fender won't work and I really don't wanna cut an inch or 2 off the rear of the chock like he suggested...It looks looks like it will fit just by looking at it, I may put my Kawi voyager back on and measure it to compare it to the indian.....Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have one for my Classic. Works perfectly, YT demo:
That device looks great, I see he's using a HD and you said it works on your Chief but I need it on a trailer..I'd like it for the garage but I'm really gonna have to hopefully find another Indian owner who knows or has actually put an Indian on a Baxley MC trialer..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The wheel dock has pan head bolts for attaching and quick detatching from a trailer. I love it, have used it a couple times in my trailer to get me down out of the snow for winter riding, the wheel dock is exactly what my road master needed, as I had a harbor freight style rocker chock b-4 and could not rock it back without a push, the bike was just to heavy for me any way. No mods needed to the wheel dock for the road master it was built for it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts