Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just put my deposit down on a scout bobber with comfort seat and crusher exhaust here in the UK

My question is how does the scout fair against cars ? What cars have tried to drag race you from lights and you beat ?

My buddy reckons his focus st will beat my scout when I get it

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Look up the numbers, a Focus ST does 5.8 seconds on a 0-60 sprint, a Scout Bobber under 4.

Your buddy is a fool. Most bikes are much faster than cars (power to weight).

All in the rights hands of course...

·
Rider
944 Posts
+1 on hangin on I test drove a scout and the seat did not have a lip in the back for me to rest against. I hit it banged a gear and had to squeeze my legs to keep from sliding back.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
hi guys just put my deposit down on a scout bobber with comfort seat and crusher exhaust here in the UK

My question is how does the scout fair against cars ? What cars have tried to drag race you from lights and you beat ?

My buddy reckons his focus st will beat my scout when I get it
You will beat most cars to 100 mph. Even big dog cars.

·
Bronze member
2,759 Posts
Hey, I'm gonna piss myself off - rip a scab off one'a my pet peeves.. Just want to know how it feels..

You shouldn't be itching to race on a Bobber. They aren't racing machines. They're just bar hoppers.
If you want a racing bike, you bought the wrong bike. My 1999 Yamahonda Ninjalator ZRXYZ will outrun a Bobber..

Wow, what a feeling - so self-righteous, pompous. Now I gotta go cut myself..

·
Silver member
5,455 Posts
Please don't post later that you lost to your friends Focus... I'm getting older and I'm not sure if my bladder will be able to contain itself over the laughter. Thanks in advance...:ROFLMAO:

Almost forgot; Congratulations on the Scout; you're going to love it.
Post some pictures when you get it.

·
Bronze member
2,759 Posts
On a serious note, you may wanna practice launches. If you just drop the clutch on high RPM , your Bobber will simply be smoking the tire at redline, with little acceleration, giving the Focus the opportunity to pull ahead from the very start..

If you let that happen, and actually end up being beaten, cancel your membership here - we don't need ya, move into mom and dads' basement, play video games all day, take up alcoholism, write a manifesto..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol cheers guys, will be breaking the engine in before I do anything lol

I pick it up 31st of July

I'm hoping the comfort seat holds you in a bit better under acceleration as well

·
Registered
160 Posts
You will smoke almost every car out there off the line with the exception of maybe a Tesla (especially if you have it tuned). The funniest one is the Dodge Hellcat. You can smoke one of those every time but the people who have one will argue to the death that there is no way in hell you can beat them. Well time is a tricky thing it does not lie, no matter how much you call it "fake news". Enjoy! it's a fun little speedster. :cool:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well I clocked a 3.7 second 0-60. No real performance mods. It has the indian performance intake and tune and v&h slip ons with the quiet baffles. There’s some talk about a focus rs beast for 2020, but the previous focus rs was 0-60 at 4.5 seconds. Which is still awesome.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The ST is manual only and really tough to launch well with an undersprung clutch and turbo. So you're either in the turbo's sweet spot with the clutch slipping or gripping with the clutch and bogging the motor without the turbo spooled up. It's a difficult balance. I'd bet 80% of their owners couldn't get 6.5s to 60.

Having said that, I haven't gotten my bobber 60 below 4.5s 0-60 . Need to work on my own clutch/rpm dance.

·
Rider
944 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to beat a good driver in a Hellcat. The picture is from a drag strip 1/8 mile. But others are pulling low to mid 3's on the street. Lots of cars are sub 4 from the factory and have been for some time. In the 90's
1995 Porsche 911 Turbo 0-60 mph 3.8. C8 Corvette is sub 3 at 2.9 from the factory. Here is a list of sub 4 second cars. This list is from 3-3.99 seconds so cars under 3.0 are on another list.

2016 Ford Focus RS 0-60 mph 4.5
2017 Ford Focus RS Mountune M400 0-60 mph 4.5
2018 Ford Focus RS 0-60 mph 4.5
Unless you can launch really really well I am afraid the focus will take you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The scout is fast and so is my wife's ST, however, my son's Ducati is faster. If you buy a Scout for dragging I think wrong bike. Although it is fun so go hard ha ha

·
Bronze member
2,759 Posts
Outstanding job @Hairy - I know, I know... the urge to say "wrong bike" and name junk that's faster (than the threads' subject) is just too strong to resist.. But I had us covered on post #6... P.S. If you'll quit sniffing glue, I will too.

This world is getting unrecognizable... For instance: If a peep wants to outrun everything on the road, and do so with American iron, he goes down and buys a 4 DOOR LUXURY SEDAN ? WTF !!!

P100D (O-60 2.28sec)

·
Registered
201 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to beat a good driver in a Hellcat. The picture is from a drag strip 1/8 mile. But others are pulling low to mid 3's on the street. Lots of cars are sub 4 from the factory and have been for some time. In the 90's
1995 Porsche 911 Turbo 0-60 mph 3.8. C8 Corvette is sub 3 at 2.9 from the factory. Here is a list of sub 4 second cars. This list is from 3-3.99 seconds so cars under 3.0 are on another list.

2016 Ford Focus RS 0-60 mph 4.5
2017 Ford Focus RS Mountune M400 0-60 mph 4.5
2018 Ford Focus RS 0-60 mph 4.5
Unless you can launch really really well I am afraid the focus will take you.
View attachment 596937
Op isn't being challenged by an RS but an ST. Also, who would get 4.5 with an RS on the street? A prepped track is not a good proxy for anything that happens off a prepped track.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ha ha the glue has got me stuck.
Having fun dragging is part of riding, this thread has got me wondering how quick my KTM 450 SX is. I know that it takes off very quick out of the starting gates, runs out of legs though. I think top speed is about 65Mph (105kmh) very rare that I hit top speed in the dirt motocross. I have hit 145kmh in an enduro on a KTM 450EXC and that feels quicker as the back moves around and trees are very close ha ha that's why we ride ADRENALIN

·
Bronze member
2,759 Posts
Yep, and I scare the crap out of myself every time my FE650E (and I) are on pavement - but I can't resist ignoring the mandatory throttle discipline (a little bit) , just to see if I can survive doing something stoopid.. (2008 FE650E 70+HP @ 238 lbs )

1 - 20 of 35 Posts