Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming up on my 74th birthday this month and decided to downsize to a Scout. Elkhart Indian treated me very well trade in wise and I did the deal. The Scout is amazing. So far no windshield. Takes me back to my CB 750 days. I had them put bags, floorboards and a backrest on but they didn’t have the backrest pad in stock. I am loving this little beast so much.
D55ACB99-F392-4E24-996A-02762B11E28B.jpeg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Damn man, Will has been killing it lately. He sold me my bobber sixty in March. Great shop they've got there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn man, Will has been killing it lately. He sold me my bobber sixty in March. Great shop they've got there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Will was great to deal with and they treated me well on my trade in. Great shop is right.

·
Rider
1,140 Posts
Coming up on my 74th birthday this month and decided to downsize to a Scout. Elkhart Indian treated me very well trade in wise and I did the deal. The Scout is amazing. So far no windshield. Takes me back to my CB 750 days. I had them put bags, floorboards and a backrest on but they didn’t have the backrest pad in stock. I am loving this little beast so much. View attachment 594205 View attachment 594205
Congrats on your new Scout, very nice bike! Saw the Scout with fairing in Sturgis last month, very interesting addition to a Scout for wind management and comfort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I'm pushing 73 and I have a 2019 Scout. It's nice to be able to back up a bike on a slope again.
Having a bigger tank made for it and plan to do a little touring. Enjoy your machine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Scout will just be a solo setup. I bought the backrest for it but the black pad was not in stock. I also scored a like new solo luggage rack off of Facebook Marketplace. I tried mounting both the rack and backrest bracket and found I could not get the seat back on. Has anybody tried that yet?

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Scout will just be a solo setup. I bought the backrest for it but the black pad was not in stock. I also scored a like new solo luggage rack off of Facebook Marketplace. I tried mounting both the rack and backrest bracket and found I could not get the seat back on. Has anybody tried that yet?
Yes. I had to put a washer under the post that the seat clips on.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I recently had a run in with a deer on my Springfield, and considering a scout for my next bike too. I'm only 40, but I really don't see any reason a scout can't be made to be just as comfortable as the bigger bikes and so much easier to handle at slow speeds. Hope it serves you well sir!!

Reactions: EZ Rider 55

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,582 Posts
I did the very same thing last September. 2015 Chieftain to a 2019 Scout ABS. I did a lot of modifications, most of them comfort related. Forward foot control kit & floorboards, mini ape handlebars, Corbin solo seat and a National Cycle 2-up Switchblade windshield. I went with Indian saddlebags and rear luggage rack. I went with TAB longs slip-on mufflers for some rumble. I find it to be a very fun, nimble and entertaining ride. So far I'm very impressed.
74532310_1306932826132955_1145003981504774144_n.jpg
75588284_422068381754330_1431372764211576832_n.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts