Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Chief VIntage and wanted one for some time. I purchased a new black Vintage last fall and didn't get to ride it much.

What I really wanted (and assumed were gone) was the blue/white model. So, I ended up with the black Vintage. That was 2 black bikes I owned and I really wanted the blue with brown leather. I really believe it is the nicest looking motorcycle in production....from anyone.

Well, they weren't all gone and our local dealer got one in stock. Plus, it was heavily discounted. What to do? They made a fantastic offer on my black 2019 Vintage and heavily discounted the new blue/white Vintage.

I couldn't resist. I knew I was going to take a little loss, but it was sure cheaper than painting the black bike and buying brown leather bags and seats.

So, I'm the proud owner of another new Chief Vintage. Since I'm a veteran I also received the $750 in accessories from Indian.

Now I have an extra black studded leather passenger backrest to sell. Anyone need a black backrest? Was on the bike for less than 200 miles and I never had a passenger on it.

I had to hurry and put the bike in storage before the rain and snow came so here's a couple of quick photos using my phone.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Very sharp bike!!

Reactions: Medicine Bow

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got them from powersportssuperstore on EBay shipped to my house for $116.44. I did a search on EBay and didnt see the Samson IN-161 Fishtails for the Vintage. They pop up from time to time.

·
Rider
1,054 Posts
Beautiful Bike.
Hernleys in PA had this bike.
Was this where you got it?
Reason I ask is because there werent many around that color. Dont ask me why.
That color works so well with the full skirted front fender.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful Bike.
Hernleys in PA had this bike.
Was this where you got it?
Reason I ask is because there werent many around that color. Dont ask me why.
That color works so well with the full skirted front fender.
I bought this bike in Colorado. In fact, the dealer in Grand Junction supposedly has one in stock. I think there's even a couple in Va.

I really love this bike. Rides nice and looks like a dream.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,799 Posts
Indian of Toledo has a 2019 Vintage Icon in the Coastal Green (turquoise) and White paint scheme. He now has it marked down to $18,997.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hard to beat a good looking two tone Indian. I also started with basic black I got a great deal on from a divorcing couple and basic black is just classic but always craved a two tone since my youth. Decided to paint it myself and I can spend hours just staring at her in the garage. ;)

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
I really like the Chief VIntage and wanted one for some time. I purchased a new black Vintage last fall and didn't get to ride it much.

What I really wanted (and assumed were gone) was the blue/white model. So, I ended up with the black Vintage. That was 2 black bikes I owned and I really wanted the blue with brown leather. I really believe it is the nicest looking motorcycle in production....from anyone.

Well, they weren't all gone and our local dealer got one in stock. Plus, it was heavily discounted. What to do? They made a fantastic offer on my black 2019 Vintage and heavily discounted the new blue/white Vintage.

I couldn't resist. I knew I was going to take a little loss, but it was sure cheaper than painting the black bike and buying brown leather bags and seats.

So, I'm the proud owner of another new Chief Vintage. Since I'm a veteran I also received the $750 in accessories from Indian.

Now I have an extra black studded leather passenger backrest to sell. Anyone need a black backrest? Was on the bike for less than 200 miles and I never had a passenger on it.

I had to hurry and put the bike in storage before the rain and snow came so here's a couple of quick photos using my phone.
View attachment 585641 View attachment 585642
good looking bike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great bike...I've got one myself. I got the Samson Fishtails on EBay brand new for $160 and they sound great.
Looks like the pre2020 Vintage can do U turns just fine. Based on some posts I’ve read, I was under the impression you had to find an empty parking lot to turn around in. 😜 I found a good deal on a blue 2019 but I passed because I kept hearing about the awkward turning. Hmmm. I wonder if it’s still there. Possible considering all the stores have been shut for covid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts