Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered.
Have a 2017 Rm. Thinking of going to a 2020 or 2021. I know they have 116 now stock in most. Is it worth the change. Or I just going to continue to ride.
I sure they would beat me up on the trade.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,570 Posts
I’d say there are quite a few improvements such as: Rear Cylinder deactivation, better head flow, better valve springs to put more aggressive cams in if you choose.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If all you want is the 116, you could spend a lot less $$$ than buying a new bike and have the 116 kit installed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd say ride what you got till the wheels fall off ;)

Reactions: waldo17

·
Registered
461 Posts
I also have a 17, would love to have the weather and traffic overlays when touring! And 116, rear cylinder deactivation, ride modes, better resolution, etc etc. but I’m sure they would kill me on the trade.

·
Bronze member
2,166 Posts
Tough call. If you want the slightly newer look, a mild factory 116 and a renewed warranty, go for it. For me, the step up isn't that much to offset the cost. Still not a big fan of the HD knockoff look. The Challenger is a different (better) level.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would go ride the new bike first, then decide, I am not a fan of my 2021 RMs wind management with the new fairing and lowers. I miss the 2018 RM that I traded.

·
148 Posts
Do the Indian, on line, 30 sec. trade in value. You will be surprised at your bikes value. Within minutes the local dealer called and sight un-seen we made a deal at the top retail price for my 1.5 old Chieftain . They don't ask or even care about the mileage or if you remove all the accessories.. I had 20X the average miles on my 2014 and 10X more on my 2019. Then add all the Indian incentives ($2500) . Couldn't pass on the new rides. Don't know how Indian stays in business.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I also have a 17, would love to have the weather and traffic overlays when touring! And 116, rear cylinder deactivation, ride modes, better resolution, etc etc. but I’m sure they would kill me on the trade.
While having the added features would be nice, NOT having them is not a deal-breaker for me. Especially with all the posts about connectivity issues and non-working features (like weather overlay) on the 2020+ Ride Command.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Tough call. If you want the slightly newer look, a mild factory 116 and a renewed warranty, go for it. For me, the step up isn't that much to offset the cost. Still not a big fan of the HD knockoff look. The Challenger is a different (better) level.
Absolutely....I hate the Indian glide looks

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
I have a 18 Limited... the price point to upgrade is a little over the top for me.. but I'll pull the trigger when they dump the retro style.... pick up a last year of the model... hoping they don't but the writing is on the wall... just depends on when they do I guess... I got to see that new black last weekend and that is very, very pretty... looks blue when up close.. I'm thinking the ICON version of that and the grey would be a knock out

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a 18 Limited... the price point to upgrade is a little over the top for me.. but I'll pull the trigger when they dump the retro style.... pick up a last year of the model... hoping they don't but the writing is on the wall... just depends on when they do I guess... I got to see that new black last weekend and that is very, very pretty... looks blue when up close.. I'm thinking the ICON version of that and the grey would be a knock out
Yes...it looks as if Polaris is going full on copycat the Harley Davidson looks. Very sad to say the least

1 - 16 of 16 Posts