Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting ready to take a 2k+ trip and want my wife to be able to track me along my route.
Ive used Rever in the past, but I tend to forget to activate it before I ride off.
what are others using?

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
969 Posts
Check out Eat Sleep Ride, but like Rever, it only works if you activate it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Calimoto is another. It’s free but if you want to look at lean angle on certain roads, fastest speed during a trip, biggest acceleration / decelerations ..: those metrics cost 10.00 a month .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you both have your own Google accounts, you can share your location with her specific account and she can track you on Google Maps. Like most other apps, it does require that you have Location Sharing on. If you're riding a non-Ride Command bike, Google Maps can be handy while riding. Plus, it will retain your daily routes for your review.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
If you both have I-phones you can turn on the "find friends" application under settings and she can see you that way. Much easier than messing around with any google map aps.

Reactions: mfran89

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sometimes google maps can be lethal by not being the most effective during long and distant trips.
I'm not sure what you mean by lethal, but I have been cross country 3 times, on the mainland in Mexico to Mazatlan, ferry to La Paz and up the peninsula back home with google maps. Never an issue, and always arrived to my destination. A couple of times I was puzzled by the route but I always made it to my destination.

·
Rider
944 Posts
Wolfpack You would have to have it running for her to see your location. Just start it and don't turn it off until the trip is over.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by lethal, but I have been cross country 3 times, on the mainland in Mexico to Mazatlan, ferry to La Paz and up the peninsula back home with google maps. Never an issue, and always arrived to my destination. A couple of times I was puzzled by the route but I always made it to my destination.
By lethal, I meant it can be lead you to unknown turns and not the easiest routines to reach your destination. I had my experience last summer where I was traveling with a few friends in no man's land with my only support through google. I was led to plains where I had to cross some low steeps and my partners who already knew the way reached through some other route. It was not the best experience out there for me but the most dangerous one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m getting ready to take a 2k+ trip and want my wife to be able to track me along my route.
Ive used Rever in the past, but I tend to forget to activate it before I ride off.
what are others using?
I second the iPhone suggestion already posted above... but it’d require you and your wife to both have iPhones. I used that last two summers on my multi-state trip. It’s nice cuz you don’t have to remember to activate it... just remember to leave your phone at the hotel before visiting any adult entertainment establishments...

If you need help setting this up just message me and I’ll walk you through it with screenshots.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I second the iPhone suggestion already posted above... but it’d require you and your wife to both have iPhones. I used that last two summers on my multi-state trip. It’s nice cuz you don’t have to remember to activate it... just remember to leave your phone at the hotel before visiting any adult entertainment establishments...

If you need help setting this up just message me and I’ll walk you through it with screenshots.
That's thoughtful.

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
The wife bought me a Garmin GPS unit which I mounted on the handle bar and so far,so good.I guess she didn't want me to get lost and NOT find my way home cause she would have to find another slave if I wasn't there!! lol lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you want to try a Nav device that works with your phone, take a look at the Beeline Moto. It’s about the size of a challenge coin and can be mounted easily.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Life360 for our family. I live in SW Florida and when I traveled to Seattle, it showed me there on my wife's app. So, I would assume it would work throughout the US. It's a free app and works great to keep track of my teenage kids. It's live, so you can actually see them moving and where they are going and have gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts