Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Chief Vintage, but I've changed out the wheels to contrast-cut, tubeless "19 front and "16 contrast-cut rear wheel.
The after-market spin-on TPMS I put on the bike work, but l lose 5lbs of pressure every couple of days with them.
My question is, can i add factory tpms to my 2018 Vintage? I've got the wheels, but can this now be done, with the Vintage small screen display?

·
Silver member
5,043 Posts
Yes. You can add the factory TPMS to your Vintage, but likely not with the aftermarket spin on TPMS. You need the set-up like the Springfield bikes. The TPMS on the Springfield has the same display. Left trigger, run through the menu, and it will say F38, R41 etc.

The newer bikes or newly flashed ones do the same thing, but the trigger is on the right hand control. But the same function.

If you have Indian wheels it can certainly happen. Not sure why you need the after market TPMS. The factory mag wheels have the TPMS sensor 180 degrees from the valve stem. So those should work.

Reactions: Chichi scout

·
Registered
190 Posts
The after-market spin-on TPMS I put on the bike work, but l lose 5lbs of pressure every couple of days with them.
what brand do you have?
I was looking at these, now a bit leery

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine were from Walmart. Used an Android phone app to monitor. Only about $30. Not worth it, since loosing so much air pressure every couple of days.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
now a bit leery
I’m not having any leakage at all with mine, and besides it would be through the Schrader valve stem not the TPMS cap anyhow.

In fact my rear tire was notorious for losing a few pounds after only several days before I put Ride-On sealant/balancer into the tires.

I haven’t needed to add air yet since putting the SYKIK on there. I’ve already forgotten how long ago that was, two or three weeks maybe (found out, 17 days).
Although I almost did once because there was a considerable cool down of the weather temporarily. Tires were only down by 1 psi cold, increases quick when riding.

Needless to say I’ve been amazed. My luck is usually not that good :)

Reactions: Chichi scout

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did this on my 17 H-D did not trust spin on caps bought Orange Electronics on ebay about 180 bucks yes not American made but worked well for 2 year till I traded in for my current 18 Chieftain which I bought in November of 19. Checked several times in two years worth of use within 4 lbs of reading on display. People complain the sensors quit before tire changes but due to rideing 10 thousand miles a year mine lasted the two years before I changed tires and replaced sensors at that time, hope this is helpful sorry little long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts