Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are purchasing a toy hauler. One so we can spend more time in the woods. And two so when we want to go somewhere and take our bikes we can.
my question is. What is the consensus on front tire wheel lock. That can then come out while using the camper so as not to learn a new language in the middle of the night. Paraphrase for stubbing toe.
thank you.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,682 Posts
This is what I did. I purchased this from Amazon. Only used the adapter for the e-track. Then used one of my better over centering nose docks and bolted the e-track adapter to that. Snaps on and off in a few seconds. Nothing like using e-track for trailering a bike. Only way to go. Dean

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
Pingel wheel chock, fits under all Indian fenders and comes off with one no-tool fastener.
Anything says Pingle on it is top quality. I have the wheel chock in one trailer. I have a wheel dock in my big trailer I haul stuff in back and forth to my home in Maine. I still use Pingle tie downs anyway.

·
Bronze Member
1,701 Posts
I bought a pair of the Marson wheel chocks right after I bought my trailer. I used them for a couple of years but have since replaced them with Wheel Dock chocks.

I'd sell both Marson wheel chocks together for $70 shipped (in the continental U.S.) if anyone is interested. I think I used them twice.

·
Rider
787 Posts
I don’t have a toy hauler but if I do get one I plan on going with the bolt it on rack system. It is completely removable. I think I will also get a wheel dock and weld the bolt it on quick disconnect to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used a Wheeldock for years with my Harleys. Just bought a new Roadmaster, and the dock release lever interferes with the kickstand. Releasing the dock from the front of a 950 lb MC w/o kickstand is nerve-wracking. Any of you out there have feedback on this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live in my toy hauler full time, moving every 3-6 months, and I don't use a wheel chock of any sort.

I use Tank Straps around the forks, where they mount to the wheel, and they work great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, the gas-driven retaining bars hit the underside of the skirted fender. Love the Wheeldock for my Harley and would love to use it to garage my RM, but...

·
Rider
787 Posts
Also, the gas-driven retaining bars hit the underside of the skirted fender. Love the Wheeldock for my Harley and would love to use it to garage my RM, but...
Wheel dock has a different model for the Indian Bikes.

Reactions: theMucker

·
Registered
549 Posts
Another wheel chock debate...
I just returned from a 2400 mile trip with my toy hauler.
My first trip with it. I have a Lock n Load so I can move the chock from TH to Cargo trailer.
It works great for my needs.
I'll find some pictures and post them for you.

·
Rider
787 Posts
Thanks T-Roy. Do you have to be standing off the MC to release the retention bar, as with Wheeldock's other models?
I don’t know. I don’t own one I just knew they had different models to address the clearance issues with the Indian bikes.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts