Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,796 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,427 Posts
I miss the floor boards that were on my Victory too. In fact I wish I could duplicate the exact angles/ relation ship of seat/ bars/ floorboards/ what ever. No windshield,and I could do 300-400 mile days or more and not feel like jello or hurt.

·
Bronze member
1,796 Posts
The one thing I miss from the Fatboy. After 240 miles this weekend, they're next on the list after bars, seat, and a GD windshield.

My shirt and helmet look like a splatter painting of bug juice. Some of those damn things really hurt.
But the bugs taste better this time of year.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I bought a Dart Marlin, we'll see how it pans out when they get them back in stock. I don't necessarily need a bug smasher. A deflector might do well enough and be less obnoxious to my sensibilities.

·
Registered
129 Posts
RK, do you have a photo to post of your Dart Marlin?
Here's a pic of mine. I went with the lighter of their two tint options. Install was easy. Two hex wrenches and 15 minutes. I'm 5'5", and the Marlin keeps my head in clean air , but not whipping around, and it takes the main force of air off of my center mass. I've been very pleased. It's also about a quarter of the price of the OEM windscreen.

Dart2.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. I went with the lighter of their two tint options. Install was easy. Two hex wrenches and 15 minutes. I'm 5'5", and the Marlin keeps my head in clean air , but not whipping around, and it takes the main force of air off of my center mass. I've been very pleased. It's also about a quarter of the price of the OEM windscreen.

View attachment 428500
I like the size. OEM looks much too large in proportion to the bike. I will look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
With so many of you going on touring rides......has anyone toured with a passenger? If so even if not.......has anyone changed the suspension to give a better ride?

·
Bronze member
2,384 Posts
With so many of you going on touring rides......has anyone toured with a passenger? If so even if not.......has anyone changed the suspension to give a better ride?
I've toured on my Scout...it has one seat and in my mind it comes that way for a reason. Stock suspension. Folks need to get back to basics.

Reactions: jtleafs33

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've toured on my Scout and plan to continue doing so for a couple more years. Stock seat and suspension. The Scout is a perfect midsize tourer for one person if accessorized properly, but I would never go 2-up on it. As for touring with a partner on her own Scout, I could go for that!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,512 Posts
While I haven't gone any long distances yet on my 2019 Scout ABS I would concur that it isn't well suited for two-up use. That's why I opted for the solo luggage rack instead of a passenger pillion & pegs. My wife was having difficulty getting on and off the passenger seat of the 2015 Chieftain I had previously and pretty much gave up riding with me. I needed to downsize due to aging affecting my leg strength so the Scout was a good move. Hopefully I can find out how well my new ride is suited for some day tripping this coming riding season.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a long and beautiful trip with my scout, with new shock absorbers and fork spring, mustang saddle. we can attack the road. my journeys can be 700 km on a day without any concern for comfort. it's a very good scout bike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I have a long and beautiful trip with my scout, with new shock absorbers and fork spring, mustang saddle. we can attack the road. my journeys can be 700 km on a day without any concern for comfort. it's a very good scout bike

JoBZH that is such a great picture.......a wall hanger for sure!

Reactions: joBZH

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Getting ready to head out to San Diego.....me and my buddy.....duel Scout Sixty's.....one '17 and one '18

121 - 140 of 150 Posts