Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toured the factory in Spirit Lake Iowa today.

5D8B5DB3-03B3-477C-834D-F66EB317A30D.jpeg

5D8B5DB3-03B3-477C-834D-F66EB317A30D.jpeg

71127336-B9FD-469C-A46A-F2390C9CDAF4.jpeg

96756FF0-3CBF-4239-B72F-B2585365D10B.jpeg

Interesting to watch a motorcycle come together. If you’ve ever wondered how the bleep they put that part about on, the motorcycle is put together around an engine. Also interesting that every bike is run in on a dyno for 2-3 miles. Checking the functionality of all the electronics and an abs event to make sure everything is working. So I can tell you everything was working when it left the factory or it would fail the final dyno check. Oh and a small fleet of cycles employees can take home for the weekend. Went to Okoboji Indian down the road, they have just about all the accessories to touch on the showroom floor.

·
Rider
742 Posts
I really want to go and take this tour. Just think it would be neat to see all the engineering behind getting one of these bikes together.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I really want to go and take this tour. Just think it would be neat to see all the engineering behind getting one of these bikes together.
One day I will make it. over to both the USA and Canada as they seem like great country and nice people ,I did. extended commentary Coach tours around Australia ,met some wonderland interesting people from both countries.I will call ahead and make sure your government changes the road rules so you can ride and drive on the correct side of the road , before I get over there. I might even try and muggle some goodies for the bike back if I could lol.

·
Rider
816 Posts
One day I will make it. over to both the USA and Canada as they seem like great country and nice people ,I did. extended commentary Coach tours around Australia ,met some wonderland interesting people from both countries.I will call ahead and make sure your government changes the road rules so you can ride and drive on the correct side of the road , before I get over there. I might even try and muggle some goodies for the bike back if I could lol.
I was a driver guide in Alaska for several years and met great people from around the world also. I stayed in contact with one couple I met from Taz and when my wife and I did a cruise down under, they were waiting for us when the ship docked in Hobart. They took us out in the countryside for a picnic and sightseeing. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I was a driver guide in Alaska for several years and met great people from around the world also. I stayed in contact with one couple I met from Taz and when my wife and I did a cruise down under, they were waiting for us when the ship docked in Hobart. They took us out in the countryside for a picnic and sightseeing. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.
I love Tazzy they have 2 heads there but take them off for visitors lol I did a few tours down there ,it is a beautiful place.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,656 Posts
I haven't been there since 2006 and very much has changed. Yeah they were building ATVs, Rangers and Victory Motorcycles back then. Steel frames were fabricated there at the time as was the painting. Now that it's 100% Indian assembly operations I would have to make the trip back out there to actually see the changes.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm 5 hours from Spirit Lake. One of these days I'll have to make the trip across Iowa. There are a lot of straight roads between here and Spirit Lake. The factory tour sounds like fun though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts