Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a tour trunk (Givi, etc.) to their FTR yet? Which one did you buy?

Looking for something simple- big enough to hold a full face helmet and my lunch, with a mounting plate that fits the Indian luggage rack...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Has anyone added a tour trunk (Givi, etc.) to their FTR yet? Which one did you buy?

Looking for something simple- big enough to hold a full face helmet and my lunch, with a mounting plate that fits the Indian luggage rack...
You can mount just about any top box that comes with or has available a universal mounting plate. I mounted a Hepco Becker Orbit 54 with no problems. In some cases depending on the hole pattern of the plate and how it lines up with the rear rack openings, you may have to add two simple 1/4"x1" alu stock cross member and drill them for the mounting bolts / nuts if the openings don't all line up and / or if the mount flanges that come with the universal plate hardware kit don't bear properly under the rear rack.
FTR Box.jpeg

·
Read Only
636 Posts
You can mount just about any top box that comes with or has available a universal mounting plate. I mounted a Hepco Becker Orbit 54 with no problems. In some cases depending on the hole pattern of the plate and how it lines up with the rear rack openings, you may have to add two simple 1/4"x1" alu stock cross member and drill them for the mounting bolts / nuts if the openings don't all line up and / or if the mount flanges that come with the universal plate hardware kit don't bear properly under the rear rack. View attachment 525926
Looks like you need to carry a step ladder for access. [wacky]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks like you need to carry a step ladder for access. [wacky]
That would only apply to a short-arse.

I catch a lot of heat for my top-boxes. Especially the one on my Gixxer. But I love the convenience and as I travel a lot, being able to lock stuff up and walk away from the bike without concern is a real advantage.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
That would only apply to a short-arse.

I catch a lot of heat for my top-boxes. Especially the one on my Gixxer. But I love the convenience and as I travel a lot, being able to lock stuff up and walk away from the bike without concern is a real advantage.
They stick out to far to the rear. Just sayin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's my setup (for camping)
  • Indian OEM FTR Tail Rack
  • Hepco Becker Easyrack - Universal Adapter
  • Hepco Becker Junior TC55 Case
  • Top Case Rack to stack things on to the lid of the Top Case
  • Bonus: Custom mounted SW-Motech Fuel Canister Kit mounted to side of the case, because the range on the FTR sucks. :)
Other Luggage
  • Indian OEM Tank Bag
  • DrySpec D28 Dry bag
  • Polar Bear 24 Pack Nylon Cooler

20190821_211346.jpg 20190821_211555.jpg 20190904_222305.jpg IMG_6012.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can mount just about any top box that comes with or has available a universal mounting plate. I mounted a Hepco Becker Orbit 54 with no problems. In some cases depending on the hole pattern of the plate and how it lines up with the rear rack openings, you may have to add two simple 1/4"x1" alu stock cross member and drill them for the mounting bolts / nuts if the openings don't all line up and / or if the mount flanges that come with the universal plate hardware kit don't bear properly under the rear rack. View attachment 525926
That looks amazing! I need to do that. I was thinking of a windshield too. How effective do you find the shield at highway speeds? Winter is coming and I ride year round.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That looks amazing! I need to do that. I was thinking of a windshield too. How effective do you find the shield at highway speeds? Winter is coming and I ride year round.
The windshield is very effective. Long days in the saddle at speed are a lot less tiring than without. And during the colder months, it's nice not to have a cold blast of air on the upper torso.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I returned the H&B trunk- my helmet didn't fit in it. Ordered a Givi next.

Wally- what spools are you using for your stand? Link?
I bought some 8mm spools but they don't fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts