Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has purchased the RM, have you looked at Luggage for the tour pak rack? If so, what brand seems to fit the best?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I kinda did, but cost of some made me give up for now, sure will be curious about this thread though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used some of the $1,000 for military service to buy the Indian luggage for both the saddlebags and the tour pack. They are excellent quality, but I am sure there are other quality luggage at lower cost on the market. When I had my Cross Country, I had bags from Bestem USA. They weren't fancy, but worked well. It is nice to be able to grab the handles and pull the bags out to haul all of your gear from the bike when on a road trip.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The posters here are asking about luggage for the rack on top of the trunk, not trunk/bag liner luggage. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I skilfully negotiated myself one pannier for our upcoming 3 month trip across US for my stuff. My wife ended up with the other, the top case and glove boxes AND said that we need to buy a good size bad for the rack on the trunk ! Hence I am very interested in this thread.

I did pretty well and it could have been worse. I could have scored just one of the glove boxes or she made me carry my stuff in a rucksack ;)

Happy Wife, Happy Life !

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,395 Posts
I bought the side bag liners from Indian but nothing for the tour pack. For me, I will get a deluxe Nelson Rigg cover. It comes in a small round duffle style bag. For me that luggage rack on the tour pack will be the perfect place to store it when out on a trip. Dean E

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two companies who make bags for the Rack so far are , SAK and TourMaster, Are there any others????

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have that currently, was'nt sure if anyone was making them specifically for Indian RM yet... To Pioneerscot, Try a search for SAK Luggage and or Tourmaster.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
The owners manual states 35# max., inside the trunk and on top. Your rack is probably about 2#
kuryakyn makes a lot of rain resistant bags.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You are so lucky guys , my wife need a lot more room for her shoes and boot so a other small bag was never a option so this is the result loll hope your wife don't see my picture loll View attachment 119801
NO way in hell am I gonna show her this cool looking trailer. best looking I have ever seen. Good thing I hate trailers, otherwise I would not be able to resist. :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I ended up
NO way in hell am I gonna show her this cool looking trailer. best looking I have ever seen. Good thing I hate trailers, otherwise I would not be able to resist. :)
Show her the price, it might get you outta trouble.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts