Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the tour pack,and if so how easy was it?How's the bike look with it removed?Any pictures!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I removed mine to see how it was done upon pickup from the dealer on Oct. 1st. It is easy to do but I found it very heavy! Sorry, I didn't take any pics and haven't removed it since. There were 2 small hex screws used as shipment to remove first and the dealer asked if I wanted them left off and at first I said yes but later decided to leave them in as I could remove them later if I decide to remove the tour pack. I liked them in for extra security. Other than that just remember to remove the electrical connector before disengaging the tour pack. Some day I will ride without it but the season is almost over for me in cold Wisconsin.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Had mine off twice. Easy to get off the bike. A little heavier than the Harley removable tour pak but very similar in the process of removing and mounting. Make sure and remember to unplug it first. Also helps to have someone help guide it back onto the bike. It is hard to hold it from the rear and also see eactly where the mounts are while lifting from the rear. Would be rough on the paint if you missby an inch or so.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Best to have a mech show you how to do it first and then you will have no trouble. I watched "Stump" at Gregory's do it in about 45 seconds...amazing!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had mine off twice. Easy to get off the bike. A little heavier than the Harley removable tour pak but very similar in the process of removing and mounting. Make sure and remember to unplug it first. Also helps to have someone help guide it back onto the bike. It is hard to hold it from the rear and also see eactly where the mounts are while lifting from the rear. Would be rough on the paint if you missby an inch or so.
Just like he said, first check if the security screws are in before trying to remove

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very easy. Pull the side bags so you can access and remove the security screw/screws Disconnect the wire under the trunk. Flip the levers on each side. Lift and pull back. It is pretty heavy. If you leave the security screw out, you don't have to pull the bags. Of course that would make it pretty easy to take the trunk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Very easy. Pull the side bags so you can access and remove the security screw/screws Disconnect the wire under the trunk. Flip the levers on each side. Lift and pull back. It is pretty heavy. If you leave the security screw out, you don't have to pull the bags. Of course that would make it pretty easy to take the trunk.
It feels a lot lighter without the trunk. Probably similar to the Chieftain.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I didn't take any pix while they were off. I remember thinking it looked kinda odd. but its easy enough and I think I will ride quite a bit without the trunk. So, I'll snap a few next time it's off. I would cover the fender when removing or putting it back on. That sucker is heavy and hard to get a good hold on.

·
Early joiner
190 Posts
Was installing the connectors for heated clothes and had to pull trunk to geat the seat off to get to battery. I also ended up pulling the saddle bags as well but no photos. Did not ride it but sitting on it felt much lighter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone removed the tour pack,and if so how easy was it?How's the bike look with it removed?Any pictures!
owners manual says to put a towel on top of the fender to prevent scratches. First time you will need to remove the saddle bags and take out the safety screws. Then from the back, throw the levers, lift up and pull back using the bar under the trunk not the luggage carrier on top. It's heavier than it looks..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts