Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,304 Posts
Dang... they haven't updated their site yet.

·
Bronze member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks just like the current RM trunk. What about those dealers telling people they couldn't use it? It would mess up the smart lean? LMAO

That was one dealer and that dealer is also the one that told a customer that the throttle issues were normal on all Challengers and nothing could be done about it.

·
Bronze member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Also Indian is introducing a new headlight option called Live LED that uses gyro's to adjust the light to lean with the bike......And it's only 799.00. Just another overpriced accessory from Indian.

Well its not gyros LOL salesman must have been confused. Adaptive headlight like the JW Speaker style.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Also Indian is introducing a new headlight option called Live LED that uses gyro's to adjust the light to lean with the bike......And it's only 799.00. Just another overpriced accessory from Indian.
Indian is ridiculous with accessory pricing. Eagle Gen 2 with halo for $187.00 is just fine. Not to mention the bike should have come with a decent headlight to begin with.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,304 Posts
Sounds like it's probably the JWSpeaker headlight. If it looks anywhere near it, my money is it's theirs.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Well, if it turns out to be popular you can bet they will be out of stock in no time. Even before COVID it seemed like Indian always ran out of popular accessories listed in their catalog. I rode Harley’s for 12 years and I can’t remember them running out of inventory as much as Indian does. I guess it’s because Harley’s only business is motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, if it turns out to be popular you can bet they will be out of stock in no time. Even before COVID it seemed like Indian always ran out of popular accessories listed in their catalog. I rode Harley’s for 12 years and I can’t remember them running out of inventory as much as Indian does. I guess it’s because Harley’s only business is motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Catalog was most likely printed before the Covid outbreak, these things are always planned in advance. So yea, even with current accessories, they are out of stock.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Damn. You're right. I was hoping for something smaller/sleeker I need a trunk for my C.D.H. and was going to "borrow" the new Challenger one since it was supposed to be different looking.

Looks just like the current RM trunk. What about those dealers telling people they couldn't use it? It would mess up the smart lean? LMAO

·
Registered
79 Posts
.....but wait......didn't some dealers says it wasn't possible because of the Bosch LAS?????? I guess they were wrong??? (read with a sarcastic minset)

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
I can assure you, I’m not paying close to $900 (including tax) for a headlight. That’s nine bottles of Macallen 12 yr...

·
Bronze member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can assure you, I’m not paying close to $900 (including tax) for a headlight. That’s nine bottles of Macallen 12 yr...

Yes it is flat out stupid. Dealer told me that 799.00 was MSRP but still..........................

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
Can anyone post the cost of the trunk components...trunk, mount, wiring harness, etc. I’m guessing over $3,000?

·
Registered
565 Posts
If its the same exact setup trunk that is on the Roadmaster, you would be correct, over $3k. Of course you could go with a aftermarket trunk mount and save a few pennies.

I'm pissed - all this time waiting for a "new streamlined Challenger trunk" and it's just a RM Trunk.... sigh.

Can anyone post the cost of the trunk components...trunk, mount, wiring harness, etc. I’m guessing over $3,000?

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
If its the same exact setup trunk that is on the Roadmaster, you would be correct, over $3k. Of course you could go with a aftermarket trunk mount and save a few pennies.

I'm pissed - all this time waiting for a "new streamlined Challenger trunk" and it's just a RM Trunk.... sigh.
Exactly...they could have offered this as an accessory when the Challenger was released...I don’t get the delay. I was hoping for a trunk that matched the lines of the Challenger.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts