Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a totaled Scout Bobber with 987 miles on it from a Copart salvage auction. The main damage on the bike is broken frame parts, but there are some other miscellaneous pieces I need. The engine got out of it unharmed and should theoretically run (It supposedly started and ran when I bought it).

I've taken pretty much all the broken parts off so now I know what I need, I'm hoping you guys might know where to find these parts or have some lying around, I'm trying to save as much money as possible since I'm already in a pretty decent amount of $$ for a salvage bike.

Auto part Vehicle Car
Vehicle Wheel
Auto part Brake Vehicle brake
Grass Radiator Plant
Auto part
Auto part Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Revolver
Auto part Wire
Helmet Personal protective equipment Headgear Auto part

The parts I need are as follows (in no particular order, with official part number next to them):
Front frame 5139652-626
Front engine mounting bolts (2) 7520029
Front fork (pretty much the whole thing) 1824582-266 and 1824583-266
Front brake rotor 1912076
Front axel 5138767
Front triple clamp 5140033-658
Left and right frame backbones 5633874-266 and 5633875-266
Radiator 1240902
Left side upper radiator mount 5415296
Radiator mounting bracket 1020996
Fan 2412703
Coolant hose 45cm 8450120-45
Front tank isolator (1) 5414852
Clutch cable 7082318
License plate bracket (side) 5633817
Right side headlight shroud bracket 5633775-463

There are also some slightly damaged, but still usable parts:
-Front fender (dented and scratched) 1021869-601
-Radiator Guard (scratched a little on the bottom) 5454506
-Exhaust Heat shields/pipes (slight scratches)
-Tank (little dents and scratches)
-Mirrors (scratched) 2636496-468

^If anyone has small amounts of paint that I could use to touch up these parts please let me know
  • matte black frame paint
  • the gloss black on other parts of the bike
  • Star Silver Smoke for the fender/tank
  • matte black for the exhaust and heat shield

Also, some advice on getting the bike operational again:
Can/should I assume the previous owner did a 500 mile oil change/service?

I will keep this thread updated with info and pictures, it looks like I can only attach 10 images at a time.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Icon ABS
92 Posts
I am just receiving my dean speed bars for my 2019 bobber, and have a few things to offer soon. I have a brand new Indian Clutch cable but its +6 length. I'll have the stock length cable removed soon. Also can offer stock mirrors, stock seat, and stock handlebars. Oh, and i have a Barnett full +6 (no joint, continuous to abs module) abs brake cable. Let me know.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So I bought a totaled Scout Bobber with 987 miles on it from a Copart salvage auction. The main damage on the bike is broken frame parts, but there are some other miscellaneous pieces I need. The engine got out of it unharmed and should theoretically run (It supposedly started and ran when I bought it).

View attachment 603092

I've taken pretty much all the broken parts off so now I know what I need, I'm hoping you guys might know where to find these parts or have some lying around, I'm trying to save as much money as possible since I'm already in a pretty decent amount of $$ for a salvage bike.

View attachment 603076 View attachment 603077 View attachment 603079 View attachment 603083 View attachment 603084 View attachment 603085 View attachment 603089 View attachment 603090 View attachment 603091

The parts I need are as follows (in no particular order, with official part number next to them):
Front frame 5139652-626
Front engine mounting bolts (2) 7520029
Front fork (pretty much the whole thing) 1824582-266 and 1824583-266
Front brake rotor 1912076
Front axel 5138767
Front triple clamp 5140033-658
Left and right frame backbones 5633874-266 and 5633875-266
Radiator 1240902
Left side upper radiator mount 5415296
Radiator mounting bracket 1020996
Fan 2412703
Coolant hose 45cm 8450120-45
Front tank isolator (1) 5414852
Clutch cable 7082318
License plate bracket (side) 5633817
Right side headlight shroud bracket 5633775-463

There are also some slightly damaged, but still usable parts:
-Front fender (dented and scratched) 1021869-601
-Radiator Guard (scratched a little on the bottom) 5454506
-Exhaust Heat shields/pipes (slight scratches)
-Tank (little dents and scratches)
-Mirrors (scratched) 2636496-468

^If anyone has small amounts of paint that I could use to touch up these parts please let me know
  • matte black frame paint
  • the gloss black on other parts of the bike
  • Star Silver Smoke for the fender/tank
  • matte black for the exhaust and heat shield

Also, some advice on getting the bike operational again:
Can/should I assume the previous owner did a 500 mile oil change/service?

I will keep this thread updated with info and pictures, it looks like I can only attach 10 images at a time.

Thanks,
Jake
That’s a tall order, hope you got that bike for next to nothing 😬 good luck 👍

·
Senior member / gold
6,983 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, this would be the ideal bike to make the "Ultimate" Indian cafe racer bike. You will need the frame, radiator, and things to get it running. Most everything else you can get from other motorcycle brands. The forks, and other parts, you can get and convert from crotch rockets at a motorcycle junk yard. Be creative!

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Icon ABS
92 Posts
I am just receiving my dean speed bars for my 2019 bobber, and have a few things to offer soon. I have a brand new Indian Clutch cable but its +6 length. I'll have the stock length cable removed soon. Also can offer stock mirrors, stock seat, and stock handlebars. Oh, and i have a Barnett full +6 (no joint, continuous to abs module) abs brake cable. Let me know.
Hey I think you may have emailed me or DM, I dunno I'm an old dude. I think you said you're interested in a clutch cable and mirrors. Send me another message offline and we can discuss. I can donate a used factory clutch cable for good karma, and discount the mirrors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are mechanically inclined, this would be the ideal bike to make the "Ultimate" Indian cafe racer bike. You will need the frame, radiator, and things to get it running. Most everything else you can get from other motorcycle brands. The forks, and other parts, you can get and convert from crotch rockets at a motorcycle junk yard. Be creative!
That's a good point, I would just need to find fork tubes and axel that were the same size, but then I'd also have to worry about the brake caliper lining up and a different front fender but I guess that isn't a huge issue if I have the time to mess around with all that. I just figured piecing the stock furniture back together would avoid any headaches.

·
Senior member / gold
6,983 Posts
That's a good point, I would just need to find fork tubes and axel that were the same size, but then I'd also have to worry about the brake caliper lining up and a different front fender but I guess that isn't a huge issue if I have the time to mess around with all that. I just figured piecing the stock furniture back together would avoid any headaches.
Anyone can buy an Indian Motorcycle Scout off the showroom floor, but how many Scout Cafe Racers or Scout Choppers have you ever seen. You will have as much enjoyment figuring it out and building it, as you will riding it, plus you will have the admiration of every gearhead and biker that see it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So a quick update on the bike, I just made a BIG order of parts direct from Indian (stuff that I couldn't find anywhere else) and got $400 off of a >$2000 order, which was sweet. Indian is going to stamp the original VIN on the new frame at the factory once they receive the old one.
I've also picked up a bunch of parts from eBay. I managed to fix the stock fan, so that is still usable.
The only part I really need still is the radiator, which is tough to find at a reasonable price. And I'm still pending on a clutch cable from a guy off the forums.
After that it's just a waiting game for all the parts to come in since some are on backorder, then I just have to bolt everything back together and hope it works!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts