Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm running freedom duals with zombie baffles on my 17 Chief DH. Needless to say, even after stage 2 cams and a tune from Craig B, the mid range torque sucks. I found a temporary solution at the recommendation of someone with the same setup. I was reluctant but said what the hell, let's give it a shot. This little fix actually made a noticeable difference and cost be about $3.00. For anyone with the same issue, I highly recommend this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
2019 Indian Chieftain DH In Black Smoke
1,373 Posts
Yeah we had the big city thunder baffles on Vic Hammer
They helped rather then running full open
All it had was a washer welded inside .
Pulses would hit the washer and create a little back pressure improving the lower end

·
Silver member
5,311 Posts
That's an interesting way to create some back pressure. I won't delete my CAT for that reason. There is somebody out there that take out the cat on the stock header and then welds back-in some metal that is supposed to help the back pressure and eliminate that "tinny" sound you get without the CAT.

Let us know how it holds up over time.

Reactions: Joe Texas

·
Rider
1,012 Posts
I recently did what I thought I'd never do which is go back from the TAB zombies to the Rineharts so I can have a little bit more torque. I wish I saw this post first, wouldve tried it.

·
Bronze member
2,293 Posts
yep ... another variant of "lollipos".

There is lots of info out there ... google "thunder torque inserts lollipops"

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,834 Posts
I did not know they sold them. Will look into. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Just know that if you have regular Rinehart baffles they are not a true 2.5 baffle they bottle neck down to a 2.3 inch then open up to a 2.5 or so where the fit on the head pipe and at the end where the caps are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts