Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Texas had a tornado on December 26, 2015. Destroyed a strip mall and many homes.

There was a motorcycle shop in the strip mall. I dropped off 4 vests to have patches sewn on. They were supposed to be done on December 24, but he didn't get them done. I left for Ohio on the 25th and got back to the shop on January 3, 2016, to pick up the vests. I pulled in about 1700 hours and the lights were off in the whole mall. I thought this was odd since all businesses should be back to normal operating hours. As I pulled up to the shop, the owner was sitting outside with a fire going in a 55 gallon drum. Then I saw the damage. Every shop had all its windows and doors blown out. Some had walls and ceiling damage. Everything was gone. All the inventory (about $15,000) of the shop was gone. The bikes and tools in the back were spared. The owner was guarding these items because he had nowhere to put them. He lived in the housing community behind the mall, and those houses were gone. As I said, he lost all his inventory and customer drop offs except 4 items - my 4 vests. Somehow the tornado pushed my vests into a corner as it sucked everything out of the shop. Not sure what this means. Hell of a coincidence.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts