Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update:
I just wanted to let everyone know that Torch called me yesterday and compensated me for the aggrivation adn time. He said they think Harley throttle tubes were welded used on these bars. He was very apologetic and offered new bars or compensation. Living in Canada and already having them installed compensation made the most sense.

This is my review of my Torch bars I just installed. I got a little nervous after reading in another thread someone was at a dealer and the tech was upset trying to install them. Well I had good reason...
I just received them on Tues and got them installed today.
Problem #1 The throttle sensor is clocked about 90 degrees off. So if you are using Indian grips this has to be fixed or the logo is sideways. I'm also using heated grips so the wires can't pass through the switch. I had to cut my own slots to put the sensor in the proper orientation.
Problem #2 the slots for the wires are not long enough to allow the wires to come out of the bars and into the switches.
Problem #3 there are no holes to locate the switches. Torch says its so you can move them around, this is BS. You can't move them anyway because the grips are locked into them and again the logo doesn't line up if you try to move them. Every other bar I've seen has the holes.
Problem #4 after I get them installed I notice a much larger amount of the small tube. This causes the brake lever to flex as its only half on the larger tube.
Problem #5 the bars are not the same length!!! The right side is about 3/4 of an inch longer than the left. I now have to take it back apart and cut the end off the bar, and cut the slots for the throttle sensor.
Problem #6 when I try to contact Torch. I do not get a response. I've tried to call and emailed them.I have them installed, but luckily I have the tools and ability to make these work.
I do not recommend these bars to anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my review of my Torch bars I just installed. I got a little nervous after reading in another thread someone was at a dealer and the tech was upset trying to install them. Well I had good reason...
I just received them on Tues and got them installed today.
Problem #1 The throttle sensor is clocked about 90 degrees off. So if you are using Indian grips this has to be fixed or the logo is sideways. I'm also using heated grips so the wires can't pass through the switch. I had to cut my own slots to put the sensor in the proper orientation.
Problem #2 the slots for the wires are not long enough to allow the wires to come out of the bars and into the switches.
Problem #3 there are no holes to locate the switches. Torch says its so you can move them around, this is BS. You can't move them anyway because the grips are locked into them and again the logo doesn't line up if you try to move them. Every other bar I've seen has the holes.
Problem #4 after I get them installed I notice a much larger amount of the small tube. This causes the brake lever to flex as its only half on the larger tube.
Problem #5 the bars are not the same length!!! The right side is about 3/4 of an inch longer than the left. I now have to take it back apart and cut the end off the bar, and cut the slots for the throttle sensor.
Problem #6 when I try to contact Torch. I do not get a response. I've tried to call and emailed them.I have them installed, but luckily I have the tools and ability to make these work.
I do not recommend these bars to anyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the review. I was thinking of getting these bars not sure now. I saw another YouTube review that seemed to have no problem installing bars. When I looked on Torch website it only shows gloss black no chrome option. I notice you have the chrome bars.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the review. I was thinking of getting these bars not sure now. I saw another YouTube review that seemed to have no problem installing bars. When I looked on Torch website it only shows gloss black no chrome option. I notice you have the chrome bars.
Yes, I called and he had a few sets at the chromer already. That is why I went with his bars, I wanted chrome.
I just got off the phone with them. They think they welded in Harley throttle tubes in the bars, and there are a few sets like this out there. He offered me another set of bars or compensation for my time and aggravation. I took compensation as I live in Canada and it took a month and a half to get them, and I already have them on. He took full responsibility and wanted to make it right with me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I called and he had a few sets at the chromer already. That is why I went with his bars, I wanted chrome.
I just got off the phone with them. They think they welded in Harley throttle tubes in the bars, and there are a few sets like this out there. He offered me another set of bars or compensation for my time and aggravation. I took compensation as I live in Canada and it took a month and a half to get them, and I already have them on. He took full responsibility and wanted to make it right with me.
Thanks. I think these are the best looking bars for the challenger. I am 6 ‘1’ and would like a little more height than stock Bars raised all the way up.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I agree on the look. And if you want chrome you are really limited. I had meat hooks on my last bike and wanted something different this time. At 6'1" these will probably be perfect for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The only problem I had with my fmb bars was the pin hole was a little smaller other than that everything was perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts