Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Wow.
I guess I must have missed that part when I read the break-in procedure.
If your average is 166 mph then you must have hit over 200 mph huh?

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys, I was just curious how much attention it would get, I actually have no clue how that reading got that way as I have not ridden it over 75 and I bought the bike with 1 mile on it.
I called the dealer and suggested that when they road test the bike to slow it down a little bit ---LOL. He is sending the same pic to Polaris, said it could be related to the glitch regarding resetting the "change oil now " issue.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Hey Guys, I was just curious how much attention it would get, I actually have no clue how that reading got that way as I have not ridden it over 75 and I bought the bike with 1 mile on it.
I called the dealer and suggested that when they road test the bike to slow it down a little bit ---LOL. He is sending the same pic to Polaris, said it could be related to the glitch regarding resetting the "change oil now " issue.
That is too funny :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
My son a few years ago when he had a crotch rocket (can't remember which one) said he had that thing up to 180. Just gave the me the chills, just the littlest of things can cause you to see the pearly gates. I agree with you Dwarf, just take your time and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
765 Posts
1991 Kawi ZX1100, Ran it wide open in top gear, speedo showed 185, not sure actual speed but magazine testers clocked them with radar maxing out at 176. When I think back, even with the racing leathers, gloves, boots and full face helmet, going down would have hurt!

I couldn't tell you what the local scenery looked like back in my sportbike days, I was always too focused on the road, hitting the best lines through the corners and how fast I could go

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Is anyone else wondering: What is the top speed?

To be clear I'm not volunteering to find out. I've had my Roadmaster to 100 and that was more than enough for me. I do love the TS111.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Life is too important and too short to rush through it. Take time to smell the roses and see our beautiful countryside. I'm also looking forward to turning 70 in a couple of years. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I managed to get my 14 Chieftain to 125 but didn't find much throttle left at that point. I don't know if there is a governor on it or if I just hit top speed on it. I had to do it once and now I can return to riding at reasonable speeds.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: Stan McD
1 - 20 of 85 Posts