Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Dealer Stage 2 cams, air cleaner and Freedom exhaust installed on my 111 2015 Roadmaster. I love the improved performance. What can I expect for top end speed ?. I have had it up to 110 but ran out of road and had to shut it down....

·
307 Posts
I’ve heard allegedly 127 MPH. With windshield all the way down, tour Pak off and little baggage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response— I was sort of thinking around 120-125 mph.. Fast enough for me in the Texas Hill Country for sure...

·
Rider
943 Posts
I have a 116 and a friend has stage two and we both have been up to 125-126 Windshields up and trunks on and loaded for travel. During the same trip, my brother with stage one says to me "I can get mine to that speed. " My reply "But I will be there a week ahead of you."

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The 111 bikes are speed limited to 120 mph, which it will get to easily enough. You can disable the limiter, there are rpm and speed limiter settings in the computer, with a PVCX / PV3.

I've had my Springfield DH to 192 kph (120 mph) with the windshield fitted, and that piece of plastic is like pushing a bus through the air.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,883 Posts
Unless you flash it and change the speed limiter, factory locks it at 117 , per engineer that told me that. Flash it.. .and ... Power and Aerodamics are your limiters. Use a GPS for true validation, not your speedo. Folks that say ... 135 .. 145 .. or more.. I call BS .. show us proof

·
Silver member
4,644 Posts
The best way to document your top speed is if you have either the PVCX or PV3, take a log then post the graph of the vehicle top speed. (Send it to me and I will be happy to format the graph for you). The ECU's vehicle speed is far more accurate then the speedometer and provides the best proof of top speed. Or go to the track and post the trap speed.

I've been to Bonneville on a crew, it is not a trival thing to get baggers up to high speed. It takes raw HP, I'm talking above 200 HP.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2016 Roadmaster with Indian stage II. 115 Mph is where she just doesn't pull any more.... If i wanted to go faster i would rather do it on a bike designed for higher speeds, Example CBR, R1, ZX "Ninja" GSX any crotch rocket for that matter. The heavy bikes don't handle as good at those speeds. The brakes, suspension, and handling on a sport bike is the way i would go if i want to ride at 150Mph. The Indian dealer near me has a 2019 Suzuki Hayabusa with 1 mile on it for $13,999. They are cheaper and designed for those speeds from the factory.

·
Bronze member
2,180 Posts
No, No it doesn’t. It hits 130 in 10sec. To hit 160 it needs about 15. And the factory speedo is off about 155 at 165. So more like 155ish unless you had a speedo healer or ecu flash.

I’ve had a couple that were heavily modded. And traded in my 2012 for my ftr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts