Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the coolest thing happened today and it solidified why I will ALWAYS buy Indian.

I recently posted on a forum that I had a concern about a noise coming from my Challenger. It was meant to be a solicitation of other Challenger owners to see if they had a similar issue.

Well low and behold I get a call from Indian today about what I am experiencing. The Indian rep said they monitor social media and saw my post. How cool is that! Talk about customer service and genuine care for the consumer. I can guarantee that HD would not have called me unless I went directly to them.

Indian scheduled another call for me in the morning so I can talk with their techs to see if we can get to the bottom of my issue. SUPER happy with Indian and the level of care they put in their product!

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
Very cool!
Awesome to see Indian on top of it. My Challenger has been running a bit loud lately but I like it, lol

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,809 Posts
Some of us registered at the Indian demo events. Maybe that's where they get the information.

·
Bronze member
3,345 Posts
I see that was your first post here... would you care to tell us which forum you posted in?

·
Administrator
14,671 Posts
Good news for you and bad news for us on this forum. We’ve got multiple threads and hundreds of posts on the issues and nada. You made one post and get a phone call from the mothership...

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
If the OP did indeed get a phone call from Indian, that's great. But..............

But I am skeptical just based on the fact that over the years many companies have representatives go on forums and post false info in favor of the company. Sometimes sanctioned by the company and sometimes it was just rouge company employees. And in some case just a fanboy trying to post "good" vibes.

The skepticism I have is because it was the first post by the OP and he is not on the other Indian form. Polaris doesn't really have time to monitor ALL the motorcycle forums.

But if this really did happen that's great. But I have serious doubts. Especially that most people don't use their real name as there form name. But maybe it is a made up name...Who knows.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
So basically you are calling him a liar. He must be a paid employee of Polaris trying to raise sales for them. Why don't you start a conversation with him instead of posting your skepticism.

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
So basically you are calling him a liar. He must be a paid employee of Polaris trying to raise sales for them. Why don't you start a conversation with him instead of posting your skepticism.
Post #7 also seems to question this. It was posted on a public forum so I replied on a public forum.

·
Administrator
14,671 Posts
We have several members who have gotten testy when their posts were challenged (no pun) and disappeared from here in anger. Where did they go? Facebook — which apparently has a very active group of Indian owners.

And I bet that’s where indian mothership is monitoring. Not here (clearly). In terms of social media, we are down the list a ways (even tho we have way more members and posts).

PS: and I have learned over the years to take a member’s posting at face value. So if OP says he got a phone call from the mothership, I’m going with that. I’ve never heard of any Polaris corporate plants here — Harley, yes. Indian, no.

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
We have several members who have gotten testy when their posts were challenged (no pun) and disappeared from here in anger. Where did they go? Facebook — which apparently has a very active group of Indian owners.

And I bet that’s where indian mothership is monitoring. Not here (clearly). In terms of social media, we are down the list a ways (even tho we have way more members and posts).

PS: and I have learned over the years to take a member’s posting at face value. So if OP says he got a phone call from the mothership, I’m going with that. I’ve never heard of any Polaris corporate plants here — Harley, yes. Indian, no.

I would not have questioned the post if it was one of the regular members here. But it was his first post and said he was on another forum. But who knows.

·
Founding member
1,106 Posts
I don't know about "the call"

I can say I rode the Challenge during Daytona bike week.The Harley was nice but the Challenger is better except it was noisy.

The Harley had the usual stop light shakes but smoothed out when underway.Even though it was air cooled it was quiet.How ever it lacked the performance and ride quality of the Indian

The Indian was just noisy.Valve train?Piston slap?

It was so pronounced ,after the ride, I asked one of the helpers if this bike was typical.I thought maybee it was a fluke.

He called a engineer over who listened to the bike. He said the rear cylinder de activation was on and that might be the cause. He turned it off but the noise was still there.I also mentioned that the bike died at a stoplight. He said he would check that out on the computer.

So, did I get a lemon for my comparison ride?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And this my friends is what’s wrong! I dont know how they got my number nor do I care. I am sure it took about 3 minutes of research to find it though given how public our private info really is. I am glad they called and that they seem to genuinely care about us, the consumer. Yes it was my first post, because I just joined dipwad and I joined to see what everyone else is doing with their Challenger. Guess I should have stuck with facebook. I also use my real name for ALL of my profiles. Figured it better to be honest than have some douchy alias, but be my guest, conspiracy theory away there guy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know about "the call"

I can say I rode the Challenge during Daytona bike week.The Harley was nice but the Challenger is better except it was noisy.

The Harley had the usual stop light shakes but smoothed out when underway.Even though it was air cooled it was quiet.How ever it lacked the performance and ride quality of the Indian

The Indian was just noisy.Valve train?Piston slap?

It was so pronounced ,after the ride, I asked one of the helpers if this bike was typical.I thought maybee it was a fluke.

He called a engineer over who listened to the bike. He said the rear cylinder de activation was on and that might be the cause. He turned it off but the noise was still there.I also mentioned that the bike died at a stoplight. He said he would check that out on the computer.

So, did I get a lemon for my comparison ride?
I put about 3000 miles on mine before I started hearing the noise mine is making. It does not affect performance one bit, just annoying really.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts