Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Tool kit

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Blueshwk 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Classic today. As I was looking over it I found the tool kit in a bag of stuff I got from the dealer. Does anyone have advice on where this mounts on the bike ? Or are you suppose to just have it handy ? Looking through the owners manual and can't find any info on it. Am I blind ? Thanks.

#2 ·
You may have to get one of those leather tool bags for you handlebars. I mean, really, you're gonna have to have some bags for that bag boy. Get off that wallet and get you some of those pretty leather bags. Just carrying on.... you may have a place behind one of the side covers to store that kit. Mine is only a few allen wrenches in a small bag and I just store them in my saddle bags.
Going to be in your neck of the woods in June. Coming up to Robbinsville, NC, can you guess, to ride the 129. We come up every year to do the area rides.
Ride Safe

#3 ·
No doubt ! Hell I dropped $500 more today on top of the price tag and I still have to register and pay this state tax, YIKES !! Thanks for the info. I'll look at that first thing in the morning. Guess it would be kinda like that little kit that my 8-ball came with. I noticed it had a Velcro ring. Holla when you get to my neck of the woods.

#7 ·
I lost my tool kit for my vintagItwheres on the road. I received a 110 error code on my way to the wall in DC. The dealer told me to take off the seat and check the battery connections. They were tight. Offered no help or advice. I guess after you buy the bike the warranty is a dealers joke. But now I cannot check my oii until I get another kit and my check engine light stays on but bike runs well. Where can I buy new tool kit?

#10 ·
cheapcycleparts.com lists a full OEM kit for 2014 vintage for $10.19. It appears to be three allen wrenches and a pouch.
Thanks for this tip RiderJohn......After reading this, I ordered a tool kit to use as a spare. Very little expense for peace of mind.
Oh.... but the tool kit only comes with the pouch and three allen wrenches. The oil cap wrench and other items need to be ordered seperately. Still very reasonable in price considering.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.