Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dan, My Chieftain seat is two pieces. Just remove the four connecting screws and they are now separate seats.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Yes, that does look good.

I ride solo most of the time too.
Recently I acquired the solo fender rack...the jury is still out on that one I'm afraid.
The bare fender just looks so...uh....authentic vintage.
The chrome solo rack looks kinda scabby....maybe it will grow on me.

I love the paint and tank scripting...very cool.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!! It just show more of the rear fender! Took a 5 minutes to take off so if im going for a ride with my girl i can always put it back on.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Love the look,,,,, I'll be removing the passenger seat first thing in the morning.... Thanks heaps for the tip!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks great! I've been trying to decide on colour choice. I like the green and tan seats. Did you special order the script on the tank and the gold striping around the ivory? The stitched bag tops are also very retro looking!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great! I've been trying to decide on colour choice. I like the green and tan seats. Did you special order the script on the tank and the gold striping around the ivory? The stitched bag tops are also very retro looking!
Sorry for delay, the tank came with the Indian Script. Not sure who did the pain work, I know thait 9 coats of clean and its in 24 k gold paint used

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Looks Good SJK !!!

I took mine off my new 2015 for the break-in and now the first wash and wax. For some reason my girl friend said that it didn't look as good........

I like the look and would leave it off but she loves to ride. I can't wait to take her as all I've been talking about since I got it a week ago was, it's the best bike I've ever rode, bar none !!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Yeah, I ditched my passenger seat too.... Looks MUCH better IMHO. It also gives me a good excuse not to have to take people (= kids) for a ride.... Does that make me a bad man?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, that does look good.

I ride solo most of the time too.
Recently I acquired the solo fender rack...the jury is still out on that one I'm afraid.
The bare fender just looks so...uh....authentic vintage.
The chrome solo rack looks kinda scabby....maybe it will grow on me.

I love the paint and tank scripting...very cool.
Looks good, well done :)

Big Daddy, I had exactly the same reaction when I first put the fender rack on mine, but I've grown to really like it. I've also got the grab rail and I think it completes the look pretty well.

IMG_7480.JPG

I do like the clean look of the fender sans rack though.

Steve

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have tried it both ways but maybe on a long trip it would be better to put extra weight on fender rack instead of rack behind passenger seat. Is this rack very usable and does it connect to existing holes? I figured if I have a duffle bag on lengthwise I could use it for back rest with this set up on trips that take a few weeks. I would hate to start putting any extra holes in fenders but it is doable. When I am back I would probably take it off. I like the clean look of fender but these are all personal opinions.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts