Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the second set of rear fender lights that have had issues with the lights not working as they should or the brake light not working. I checked the wiring and even changed it around to see if I wired it up incorrectly ,but the same result. ( No brake light ), the tail light worked but when I applied the brake the only brake light, that worked was the one on the trunk. So rather then stuff around . I took the rear fender LED`s off as this set was the replacement set I got, after the last set had a issue with the left light not working. I love the Kuryakyn stuff and have had their rear bag Tail brake lights on my Victory but this time I cant say that are any good ,so pissed I took them off as the cost of postage is way too much to send them back or even pay for the replacement postage as I did with this set. It might be a simple fix such as soldering a fuse or similar. But that should not need to be done.
Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with these led`s? Please don't take this as a bagging the product over all the rest of the stuff is great quality but I won't be wasting anymore money on these lights again.

·
Early joiner
222 Posts
This is the second set of rear fender lights that have had issues with the lights not working as they should or the brake light not working. I checked the wiring and even changed it around to see if I wired it up incorrectly ,but the same result. ( No brake light ), the tail light worked but when I applied the brake the only brake light, that worked was the one on the trunk. So rather then stuff around . I took the rear fender LED`s off as this set was the replacement set I got, after the last set had a issue with the left light not working. I love the Kuryakyn stuff and have had their rear bag Tail brake lights on my Victory but this time I cant say that are any good ,so pissed I took them off as the cost of postage is way too much to send them back or even pay for the replacement postage as I did with this set. It might be a simple fix such as soldering a fuse or similar. But that should not need to be done.
Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with these led`s? Please don't take this as a bagging the product over all the rest of the stuff is great quality but I won't be wasting anymore money on these lights again.
Installed the Kuryakyn LED brake/run lights on my ‘15 RM. since then I have especially made sure the rear/inside part of the hard saddle mags are well -polished, to multiply the added light from the LED strip. Brightens up the rear of my bike (for the slow-eyed cagers coming up behind me esp. when I’m at the intersection waiting for traffic light to turn GREEN. One can never have “too much” brake/run lights at the rear. The turn signal from the LED strip I can LIVE without.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
On my ‘17 Roadmaster all works correctly via my Kuryakyn lights.
I later had LEDS installed on my road master, and they go all red whenever I hit the brakes which is that much more added lighting and brake lights being seen. Plus the original strips still work in sync with this

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
I have them on my 2015 Vintage. I installed them last year. All lights working correctly. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Back in the day I wasn’t really a fan of LED lights on my motorcycle. But the more I see them and especially for the safety aspect of being seen much easier, it was an easy decision. The best part about the lights are that they do go I’ll read when I hit the brakes across the entire bike. Originally I was going to go with the single color because it was cheaper and not have that option. But they mistakenly put multicolored on and gave me the price of a single so I came out we had on that bill and I’m glad I ended up that system .
I have the burgundy metallic roadmaster and I generally leave my glow lights underneath on Amber or yellow-ish. Other than when I hit the brakes to go all red. Very rarely do I mess with the multi color or I have them pulsating. But once in a while it’s fun to mess with

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back in the day I wasn’t really a fan of LED lights on my motorcycle. But the more I see them and especially for the safety aspect of being seen much easier, it was an easy decision. The best part about the lights are that they do go I’ll read when I hit the brakes across the entire bike. Originally I was going to go with the single color because it was cheaper and not have that option. But they mistakenly put multicolored on and gave me the price of a single so I came out we had on that bill and I’m glad I ended up that system .
I have the burgundy metallic roadmaster and I generally leave my glow lights underneath on Amber or yellow-ish. Other than when I hit the brakes to go all red. Very rarely do I mess with the multi color or I have them pulsating. But once in a while it’s fun to mess with
I had them on my Victory and loved them ,had no issues like these ones seem to have.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
@KevIndian Did you tie them directly into the brake light circuit or are you using the isolation module from Custom Dynamics? Indians are very sensitive to anything being added to existing circuits.

I had them on my Victory and loved them ,had no issues like these ones seem to have.
@Geoff-3 Me. too. But, Indian uses a different CANBUS system that is sensitive to changes.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
@KevIndian Did you tie them directly into the brake light circuit or are you using the isolation module from Custom Dynamics? Indians are very sensitive to anything being added to existing circuits.

@Geoff-3 Me. too. But, Indian uses a different CANBUS system that is sensitive to changes.
On the LED light kit I had it done at Daytona behind Indian dealership with one of the main LED folks. I have to look at my invoice to remember which one it was again, as it’s been a couple years. As far as the strips I did those myself before of the LEDS Were added and I did that per instructions which tied in with the light kit. As far as the LEDS overall I am not sure how they installed them but they all work proper

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin I used their instructions, you can only plug them in one way or the other so if the first way was wrong by reversing the plus which in theory should not make a difference as it is just a extraction of the lead that runs to the tail/ brake light so the same current end wire .

I am sure the Canbus is the issue with mine. Regardless I will buy Automotive LEDs and get my AutoElectrician to wire them up but I need to make a bracket so the LEDs can both fit and stick them on with Strong double sided tape. I was thinking about getting perspect and have the guys do a bend so it is a (L) shape for the lads to stick too and then stick them to the fender so they look closer to an one light.

·
Bronze member
2,521 Posts
A Kuryakyn rep told me that there coming out with new wiring harness for these lights. The lights will then work with as turn signals as well.
what time frame are they coming out? I like the fact of the turn signal added, I was going to buy a set but if it's not to far into the future I'll put off on buying them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts