Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running IN-111-Stage2-OAMO-960A-850 map on my '18 Roadmaster. Because of the gear indicator recall I put the stk flash back in. After recall work was done, I put the FM back. During this process, did I lose the adjustments the FM may have done after 7,000 miles ?

My impression is that the more you ride, it continuously refines the settings. (am I wrong ? ) So do you lose those when you reinstall the factory flash or is it retained for when you reinstall ?

·
Bronze member
3,960 Posts
I've been running IN-111-Stage2-OAMO-960A-850 map on my '18 Roadmaster. Because of the gear indicator recall I put the stk flash back in. After recall work was done, I put the FM back. During this process, did I lose the adjustments the FM may have done after 7,000 miles ?

My impression is that the more you ride, it continuously refines the settings. (am I wrong ? ) So do you lose those when you reinstall the factory flash or is it retained for when you reinstall ?
The fuel trims are cleared every time the bike gets flashed so those will re-adjust in the next 100 miles or so.

Unlike cars the ECU only adjusts the fuel trims (long term and short term) for closed loop operation (O2 sensor controlling AFM) There is nothing else that really changes over time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply/explanation. For me personally, my throttle operation is average. Isn't trim adjustments getting refined when I am going up against rev limiter through each gear which may only happen once every 1,000+ miles ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts