Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a thunder smoke scout, looked at them back in 2001 but went with a Harley instead which I loved but sold a few years back. When I saw this I just had to have it. It's a little cold here in northern NJ but I can't wait to ride and customize.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just took delivery of a thunder smoke scout, looked at them back in 2001 but went with a Harley instead which I loved but sold a few years back. When I saw this I just had to have it. It's a little cold here in northern NJ but I can't wait to ride and customize.
Congrats on the new Scout!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Congrats on the new black smoke Scout :)
Awesome color choice :D

Reactions: Edward Walsh

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!! - since you are the first I have seen like some of us who will be getting their bikes after the 31st was there anything to prove we get the 5 year plus a few months warranty?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congrats and Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!! - since you are the first I have seen like some of us who will be getting their bikes after the 31st was there anything to prove we get the 5 year plus a few months warranty?
I don't know about him but my dealer sent me an email with an excerpt sent to them from Indian HQ which stated that the warranty adds 3 months so it ends April 2020, so I have no worries about that, of course at this rate it might not arrive till April anyway........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took delivery on Dec 29 and my dealer told me I had to take delivery before the new year to get the warranty. I thought this was strange because the bike wasn't suppose to come in until mid Jan. I would check with your dealer, good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I don't know about him but my dealer sent me an email with an excerpt sent to them from Indian HQ which stated that the warranty adds 3 months so it ends April 2015, so I have no worries about that, of course at this rate it might not arrive till April anyway........
I would be concerned if the 3 month extra warranty ENDs April 2015 especially since you don't have your bike yet:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Nice clean looking ride. Congrats and "spring is in the air"

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
JPC, what a way to start of the new year. Mine is due in Feb.
Let us know what you think about the new bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JPC, what a way to start of the new year. Mine is due in Feb.
Let us know what you think about the new bike.
Because of the weather I have only taken a few quick rides around town and I must say I am in love with this bike. There is still a lot to get use to and I can't wait to take it out on the highway to the western part of the state through al the farm land.( yes, there still are a lot of farms in NJ) Will keep you posted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts