Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 6 American's signed up for the Discovermoto IBA Mexico Rally. 9 of the 46 motorcycles were American iron with me being on the only Indian. For me the ride started with 1100 miles in 24 hrs from Boerne to Calexico. There I met up with 5 if the American riders (the 6th was Wendy Crockett the 2019 IBR winner she met us in Mexicali). We hung out for a day in Calexico then crossed the border to Mexicali for the bike inspections and await the start of the rally. The rally started at 2am and the 1st challenge was navigating the mountains sharing the road with the other motorcycle's and a ton of semi trucks. Lost one of the Mexican HD in the mountains to an accident (he was ok but called it and went back home) and st the 1st toll one of the Americans in my group crashed at the 1st toll. He was ok just a little shaken and continued the ride. The ride continued with a ton of twisties and free range bulls, cows, horses and any other animal that found comfort in the road st night to get relief from the hot ground. We experienced wet slippery roads, landslides, off roading in the mountains due to mudslides and tick slides. The rally covered right over 1000 miles in 24hrs and was the hardest Saddlesore I have done to date. At the finish line we were grated by the organizers and ask the folk who had already finished. Our official ton'e was 21.5 hours (Wendy finished in 18.5 hrs). All riders finished except the HD previously mentioned and one other hd who sideswiped a cow. After the rally we (the rally participants) were invited to lead the Carnival LaPaz. Great time was had by all. Once we rested we headed to Cabo San Lucas (the Harley's needed maintenance) and I went to check out the Indian dealer. We enjoyed dinner after then rested up and headed out the next morning after some shopping. Only rode during the day coming back up and took 2 days to exit Mexico. Once we crossed back we bedded down in Yuma then finished off the ride with another SS1000 back to Boerne. My Roadmaster performed great and is now in the shop getting her 75k mile service.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed it was

1 - 5 of 5 Posts