Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a future dark horse owner. i was planning on getting one at least a few months from now but then had serious reservations about moving up that timeline up to NOW when i saw these 2 ads on cycletrader.com for a new and a barely used 2019 both at $14K. i just saw them both either today or yesterday. i clicked on them tonight and it takes me to the dealer site where neither are in the inventory, if they were ever real at all. they do have a new one priced competitively at $16K. so what gives? were they both bait? too good to be true? guess we'll never know.

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
i am a future dark horse owner. i was planning on getting one at least a few months from now but then had serious reservations about moving up that timeline up to NOW when i saw these 2 ads on cycletrader.com for a new and a barely used 2019 both at $14K. i just saw them both either today or yesterday. i clicked on them tonight and it takes me to the dealer site where neither are in the inventory, if they were ever real at all. they do have a new one priced competitively at $16K. so what gives? were they both bait? too good to be true? guess we'll never know.

View attachment 598614

Lots of dealers will bait you as they apply all the special discounts and options that are available. Problem is you won't necessarily qualify for all of them.

Before you decide to pull the trigger whenever that is, ask the forum about the experience others have had with that dealer. There are great dealers and horrible dealers in the Indian network.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice. i did call them and was told that they both sold, and that they actually didn't have any chief dark horses currently despite one listed on their own site right now. i also asked the reason for the $2K price difference between 2 of the same new bikes but he couldn't tell me. so maybe it was just bait or like you said, a bunch of fake discounts which i guess is the same thing.

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
thanks for the advice. i did call them and was told that they both sold, and that they actually didn't have any chief dark horses currently despite one listed on their own site right now. i also asked the reason for the $2K price difference between 2 of the same new bikes but he couldn't tell me. so maybe it was just bait or like you said, a bunch of fake discounts which i guess is the same thing.

You never know, sometimes dealers want to unload models as well. It is very geographical. Some dealers can't sell the less expensive models as some want al the bells and whistles. And some dealers can't sell the Roadmasters and some can't keep them in stock.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is a good time to buy... I got mine the end of August, when they were ready to deal as the inventory on '18's was getting fairly sparse, and they were trying to make room for the '19's. I just spoke to a guy who bought a '14 with 9 miles on it. He went to the dealer to buy a helmet, and brought home a bike he hadn't ridden since! There is some crazy $h!t out there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts