Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold and windy, taking a break to catch on the forum, contemplating what's next for the Scout. With new headlight and blinkers on the way, as well as pegs, the front is done for now. Turning attention to my rear - been thinking about a short sissy bar, plate and blinkers relocation. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
What pegs did you decide on? A true peg or a mini floor?

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What pegs did you decide on? A true peg or a mini floor?
I got the Mushmans from Biltwell, see how they work, so I guess it's in between. I tried Rizomas, but they were out of character for the Scout.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stay
I'll be watching what you do with plate and blinker relo. Has to be the ugliest part of the Scout.
Stay tuned. Inspired by some Sportsters customized by Burly. The goal is to completely eliminate the current set-up, give me a place to strap my purse, a little comfort if I bring my ***** along.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay
. Stay tuned. Inspired by some Sportsters customized by Burly. The goal is to completely eliminate the current set-up, give me a place to strap my purse, a little comfort if I bring my ***** along.
The ***** starts with a 'b' ends with 'h' and rhymes with 'witch.'

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got the Mushmans from Biltwell, see how they work, so I guess it's in between. I tried Rizomas, but they were out of character for the Scout.
I agree the Mushmans are a better look than the Rizomas for a Scout. I don't know if my feet will be comfortable on a small platform over a peg since that is really all I know

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What did the "42" Scout have on it? What was the brake peg?

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did the "42" Scout have on it? What was the brake peg?
Looks like a BMX style pegs, probably billet. Maybe Fastaways? The Mushmans are cast steel, motorcross-style which (if they work) are more appropriate IMO. I trying to avoid billet on this bike.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have been out shopping for new handlebars. I had rizoma's leftover from the Ducati project. I felt like a clam. Now looking at beach bars and mustache bars. Some might not have the height and are too wide. I have build and modified more than 10 BMW and Ducati - kinda learning this cruiser game. I would love to just to get the bike to 30 inches and the peg more to the rear. (this thinking out loud)
Also -They have to be black - as the theme will be blackout.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
image.jpg
In the meantime, conscripted to help rewire the Ducati. Everyone should know how to build a wire harness, no? Thank G-d for whiskey and stocked humidor...

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
image.jpg

I have been out shopping for new handlebars. I had rizoma's leftover from the Ducati project. I felt like a clam. Now looking at beach bars and mustache bars. Some might not have the height and are too wide. I have build and modified more than 10 BMW and Ducati - kinda learning this cruiser game. I would love to just to get the bike to 30 inches and the peg more to the rear. (this thinking out loud)
Tried the same bar, which we have on the Ducati, didn't like the combination with the forward controls. I'm actually content with mine for now. +1 on beach bars, I was going to order them from Burly, the smaller ones. I will wait for someone to come up with mid controls and a springer seat for a different stance, like my Triumph. Blackened bike will be rad.

·
Registered
748 Posts

Might try these - perhaps too wide. Inexpensive enough to just try - if they don't work save them for another project.

Emgo Chrome 7/8 in. Beach Handlebar - 23-12595 Motorcycle - Dennis Kirk, Inc

1 - 20 of 32 Posts