Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My son just flew back to Dallas last night, it was -9 today when I got up with a high of 15 here in Woodland Park. Love my Vintage, but with the ice & snow on the ground she will stay in the garage for a little while.
Love the pick of the bikes, the Scout looks right at home.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Twins are easy to find. Singles and quadruplets are easy to find. It's the triplets that are rare. Back when I owned a K75 (a three cylinder BMW brick), the KLR, and a boxer, I mooted a project to "ride the cycle". I would line up four minor league ballparks in a diamond pattern all playing the same day. Borrow a four cylinder bike. Ride the single to park one and watch until someone hit a single; ride the boxer to the second and watch until a player hit a double; ride the brick to the third and watch for a triple; four to the fourth for a home run. Not an easy feat. Project fell apart before it began cause I could not find all four ballpark schedules mesh the same day.

I dunno. Somehow the idea seemed poetic at the time.

... and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Twins are easy to find. Singles and quadruplets are easy to find. It's the triplets that are rare. Back when I owned a K75 (a three cylinder BMW brick), the KLR, and a boxer, I mooted a project to "ride the cycle". I would line up four minor league ballparks in a diamond pattern all playing the same day. Borrow a four cylinder bike. Ride the single to park one and watch until someone hit a single; ride the boxer to the second and watch until a player hit a double; ride the brick to the third and watch for a triple; four to the fourth for a home run. Not an easy feat. Project fell apart before it began cause I could not find all four ballpark schedules mesh the same day.

I dunno. Somehow the idea seemed poetic at the time.

... and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Night baseball, commercial breaks and the slim pickings on double headers now a days, doomed that project in todays ballparks. The vintage bikes are there and willing, but the iron men of yore surely are only in the history books.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Took it out despite the 40 degrees and rain. And for the first time in a long time, actually cleaned her before putting her away for the night... Now resting with the other Twins.
So jealous of,your,collection.

Love the sport 1000

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
Wow Meggie, nice garage; or is that your living room? Anyhow, I could look at that line-up all evening long.
--- Randall

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Meggie, nice garage; or is that your living room? Anyhow, I could look at that line-up all evening long.
--- Randall
Thanks! Garage and a shop and a living room, in that order. We love our twins.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Almost feel sorry for you guys (and gal). With some heated clothing, thermal socks, snood, and snowmobile gloves, we don't have a battery tender season down here. Although I'm seriously contemplating not riding to breakfast with the guys Saturday, when it is predicted to be 33 with an apparent of 27, since it will be back in the 50s for a low and upper 60s for a high with in 48 hours. You'll hear me moaning in seven or eight months when the heat index is 115 and the humidity is 99 percent.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Took it out despite the 40 degrees and rain. And for the first time in a long time, actually cleaned her before putting her away for the night... Now resting with the other Twins.
Curious Meggie, why did you loose the Fish Tail Pipes?

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I am working night shift this week. Just getting up and happened to catch a little bit of the Pearl Harbor ceremonies going on. God bless to all of their souls. Temperature in Wisconsin Rapids is 19 degrees.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts