Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is or has anyone been to tomahawk Wisconsin for bike week? It will be September 9-15. Looking for a good hotel or cabin to stay at.

·
Registered
50 Posts
BUBBA’S BIG PARTY IS A MUSIC & VENDING FESTIVAL LOCATED AT THE BEAUTIFUL NOKOMIS TOWN PARK AND ADJOINING CAMPGROUND, 2675 COUNTY L, TOMAHAWK, WI.
We have been there a couple times. It's pretty spread out and we like to drink but don't drink and ride, so we probably won't go back. Prefer The Freedom Rally Algona Iowa.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are ok with camping, The Freedom Rally has everything with in walking distance. Only motorcycles are allowed in the gate and RVs park across the road. Many vendors and the food and beer is priced very fair. Great bands. The Freedom Rally is for adults only. Don't show up with out your ID or you won't get in. Google it or YouTube it. We like it better than Sturgis. Great place to go for the weekend to sit, relax and people watch. Sponsored by Iowa ABATE.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I do enjoy camping but I don’t have a camper so we would have to stay at a hotel nearby. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As far as Algona, Algona would be the closest town. Tomahawk has some lodges north of Big Bubba' Party. We have never looked into hotels. We pull the pop up camper to Algona and tented it in Tomahawk this past year because we didn't have the hitch on the Indian yet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got a hotel reserved last year but probably won't use it. Look up Rhinelander WI, hotels about 20ish minutes away and it's a gorgeous ride.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You can look all around the area within 30ish miles, and probably find a lot of hotels, or cabins. Sept is about the end of the season for summer tourists, so you should be able to find cabins at a reasonable price, as well: Merrill, Rhinelander, Lake Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff. I don't live too far away in the U.P., so if I am around, I'll just ride over for the day on one of the days. My wife and I went for a day back in 2012. Haven't had a chance to get back since.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You can look all around the area within 30ish miles, and probably find a lot of hotels, or cabins. Sept is about the end of the season for summer tourists, so you should be able to find cabins at a reasonable price, as well: Merrill, Rhinelander, Lake Tomahawk, Minocqua, Woodruff. I don't live too far away in the U.P., so if I am around, I'll just ride over for the day on one of the days. My wife and I went for a day back in 2012. Haven't had a chance to get back since.
At this point, most of, if not all the hotels are all going to be booked up. Rhinelander was a last resort mention due to where it's at. Most of the surrounding area was already booked last fall of last year.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
At this point, most of, if not all the hotels are all going to be booked up. Rhinelander was a last resort mention due to where it's at. Most of the surrounding area was already booked last fall of last year.
There are a ton of resorts in the area. Did you check as far away as St. Germain, or Eagle River? Still not that far away, either one of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts