Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,754 Posts
just ordered a pair for my sons birthday present so he can put them on his Vintage for Sturgis... supposed to be here 3 days before his birthday

Reactions: ChrisT

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster Blue Slate Smoke/Black Smoke
52 Posts
I've got some of the Kuryakyn ones, which are similar to what you've got. Very nice. I like that they give me a place to stretch out and change things up a bit on long rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got some of the Kuryakyn ones, which are similar to what you've got. Very nice. I like that they give me a place to stretch out and change things up a bit on long rides.
I couldn't get the Kuryakyn ones in chrome.

I did just finish a 250-mile lunch run in 98 + degree weather. With my feet resting on the toe rests, I noticed I get a lot more airflow to my upper body. Even through it was hot out it did seem to keep me cooler.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster Blue Slate Smoke/Black Smoke
52 Posts
Yeah I've noticed a slight change in the wind pattern when I use them.

A few weeks ago I did a 2100km (1300 mile) ride and discovered I could put my heel on the top then lean forward at the waist to stretch out my hamstring.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn ones - I mounted them as high as I could - I didn't feel comfortable just placing my boots right on the engine guards, and with them being "high", I can stretch the calves out. I've added the Kuryakyn footrests lower on the bar - it's good to have options

·
Registered
2019 Indian Roadmster
15 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn toe rests also. I’ve use footrests before and found then too wide for long term comfort on the RM. The toe rests give me enough options to change my foot positions between gas stops.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Kuryakyn toe rests also. I’ve use footrests before and found then too wide for long term comfort on the RM. The toe rests give me enough options to change my foot positions between gas stops.
I agree, I've had footrests on my Victory Cross-country and didn't like them. They were too wide for me. I really like the toe rests on my RM. I'll probably get a set for my Vic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts