Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
Csot, will you do me a favor and measure the distance between the heel and toe shifter? I have been skeptical of the heel shifter because it looks so thin and fragile. But, I have not heard of one breaking, so I am considering it. I wear a size 14 boot and need some room. My HD didn't really have room for my foot on the board, I was constantly moving it to shift.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Csot, will you do me a favor and measure the distance between the heel and toe shifter? I have been skeptical of the heel shifter because it looks so thin and fragile. But, I have not heard of one breaking, so I am considering it. I wear a size 14 boot and need some room. My HD didn't really have room for my foot on the board, I was constantly moving it to shift.
I prefer no heel shifter with floorboards as they keep me from maintaining my foot placement in the same position on each floorboard. From a body mechanics standpoint, this affects pelvic symmetry in the saddle, which can lead to differences in spinal mechanics affecting back, neck, and shoulders. You may want to make certain foot placement can be symmetric with any shifter you might wish to install.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Sweet. I was told the Polaris-made ones were due out for another month. I'll be checking with my dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts