Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've received my PV3 from FuelMoto in the main months ago, and I'm finally getting around to getting this installed. Any advice from those who are experienced maybe can provide some guidance before I begin...

1. Will wiping the hard drive from the device clear everything out if I make an egregious mistake?
2. After a flash, what seems to happen with fuel economy for casual riding 45-60mph vs. going open throttle on a highway for an hour?
3. What is the overall heat difference after the application (mind you - I have an American Customs header w/no cat)?

Thanks for any assistance,

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It really doesn’t have to be installed. You just plug it in to the obd port. Once tunes you can take it back off. If you have your custom tune from craigb you should be all set in about 10 minutes. If not you’ll need to do your initial computer read and send him some information from the bike. That initial read takes about ten minutes or so, then you send in your info and wait for the tune for your bike.

Fuel consumption should be nearly the same if not better for general cruising. With a cat delete and a proper tune you should notice significant heat reduction. Wot will of course consume plenty of gas.

Reactions: Super Jute

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apologies... I meant "applied" instead of installed. The main reason I bought this unit was it does not require to be attached on the bike for it to work. That said, I do want to capture some log data on an initial run.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Apologies... I meant "applied" instead of installed. The main reason I bought this unit was it does not require to be attached on the bike for it to work. That said, I do want to capture some log data on an initial run.
What bike do you have?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm applying it to the Roadmaster. Depends on riding styles and how much WoT, I get from 42 to 47 MPG today.
Super easy then. Pull off the side panel on the left side. The one with the air shock valve. The obd port is plugged into a dummy port straight down. There’s a tab you press in and it’ll come free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts