Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all had the "look". The look of pure joy after riding an Indian for the first time. Yesterday, I called a friend to see if he was interested in any of my old HD stuff. He said that he was trading his Heritage for a Road King on Thursday.
I told him that he owed it to himself to test an Indian first. He road Vintage today and I swear, I could hear him laughing as I was following him on the road.
He's buying one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's going to be the reaction from many. The Indian dealer by me is already "full" of used Harley's from the trades they have taken in. Congrats to your buddy!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Dan, your friend's experience in not surprising. It seems to be happening frequently in my part of the country. In fact, my dealer is across the street from a HD dealer and I'm told by several at my dealer the previous friendly relationship between the dealers has turned a little "troubling". Apparently, some of the HD dealer's customers have traded their rides for Indians and the HD dealer is non-too-happy about it!

Congrats to your friend on the new Vintage. Hopefully, we'll see him over here on the forum.

·
Founding member
568 Posts
Car dealerships almost always group together in one area. This makes it easier for consumers to shop and compare. There will always be Indian, Harley, Triumph, Yamaha, etc riders, as it should be. I have nothing against Harley or any other makes. I personally hope the world doesn't get overrun with Indians. I like the variety of bikes, cars or whatever. Life would be pretty boring otherwise. o_O

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
We've all had the "look". The look of pure joy after riding an Indian for the first time. Yesterday, I called a friend to see if he was interested in any of my old HD stuff. He said that he was trading his Heritage for a Road King on Thursday.
I told him that he owed it to himself to test an Indian first. He road Vintage today and I swear, I could hear him laughing as I was following him on the road.
He's buying one.
That is awesome :D

·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot about this thread. The dude really did get starry eyed after riding the vintage.
However, he and the dealer could not come to an agreement and he went and bought a Road King. Go figure...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll bet that regret will set in as he rides with you. The "I could have bought an Indian" will be the voice he hears in his head every time!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I have gotten the look also and even some kids in my block followed me to my house when I was pulling in and they said "what kind of motorcycle is that?" I said it is an Indian Scout and I kind of chuckled. My neighbor across the street has a crotch rocket and I've never seen the neighborhood kids do that.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Not everyone is ready for an Indian.
In a lot of ways, Harley Davidson is a "safe buy".
A guy buys a Harley and he fits in...still.
That's important to a lot of guys.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I have gotten the look also and even some kids in my block followed me to my house when I was pulling in and they said "what kind of motorcycle is that?" I said it is an Indian Scout and I kind of chuckled. My neighbor across the street has a crotch rocket and I've never seen the neighborhood kids do that.
Good to hear that the Scout has that visual appeal.

·
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not everyone is ready for an Indian.
In a lot of ways, Harley Davidson is a "safe buy".
A guy buys a Harley and he fits in...still.
That's important to a lot of guys.
You could be right. I haven't heard from him since he bought his RK. So either he has some buyer's remorse, is having too much fun on it to talk, or just doesn't like me...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Don't forget the dodge tomahawk bike nice when you need to be there yesterday lol="RATFINK2, post: 31738, member: 1734"]Car dealerships almost always group together in one area. This makes it easier for consumers to shop and compare. There will always be Indian, Harley, Triumph, Yamaha, etc riders, as it should be. I have nothing against Harley or any other makes. I personally hope the world doesn't get overrun with Indians. I like the variety of bikes, cars or whatever. Life would be pretty boring otherwise. o_O[/QUOTE]
Don

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Car dealerships almost always group together in one area. This makes it easier for consumers to shop and compare. There will always be Indian, Harley, Triumph, Yamaha, etc riders, as it should be. I have nothing against Harley or any other makes. I personally hope the world doesn't get overrun with Indians. I like the variety of bikes, cars or whatever. Life would be pretty boring otherwise. o_O
I get it. We were in a cafe and the waiter asked my friend "what kind of motorcycles do you like". My friend said "all of them ". The young waiter said "oh" and walked away. Yea some are better than others but I wouldn't turn any down if they were giving them away. There is no such thing as a bad motorcycle.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Like a lot of others, closed the book on the Harley. Forever? Who knows. I like motorcycles. These old bones like comfortable motorcycles & Indian has it right now. I think I would like to try a Victory also. The looks you get from riding that Indian=Priceless! It makes me sometimes think they are envious, I mean I only was able to log 340 miles before the weather turned shitty, & in that short amount of miles I had seen people literally stop & point. One guy at a stop light in front of me in his truck was crooning back to look at the bike, he ran into the median taking off, then turned again & thumbs up me! Priceless!!! I'm also wondering where I'm going to fit in with the old crowd I use to ride with, they know I traded, one of them gave me a HMM, that was it. I probably won't be on the Saturday call list, but I will be cool with that.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
That's ok, just enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a cop pull up next to me at a stop light, rolled down his window and just kept staring at the Vintage. Then he said " I have just one word NICE!"
I do believe these bikes will be very successful, but I also hope they don't become a dime a dozen as the HD.
I like being on a bike that is not seen everywhere, as the Indians are today.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I had a cop pull up next to me at a stop light, rolled down his window and just kept staring at the Vintage. Then he said " I have just one word NICE!"
I do believe these bikes will be very successful, but I also hope they don't become a dime a dozen as the HD.
I like being on a bike that is not seen everywhere, as the Indians are today.
While reading you post I couldn't help from staring at your avatar. Now if she was on the bike with you no wonder the Cop said nice, he was talking about your girlfriend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts