Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally was able to get the Chieftain out of Winter storage, been trying last 2 weeks, each time I tried we got snow, today was a perfect 72 and weather co-operated for once.

As got gas in my friends 78 XLCR before the ride, the Chieftain drew tons of attention from station patrons and other bikers riding past the gas station, makes one feel good, I'm sure you know what I mean. We stopped for a while to watch the Tongue River flow over the dam and catch up on things, as I reached for my phone in my jacket to get a couple picture of our bikes I gasped.....no phone in an unzipped pocket...yikes, did it drop out on that two lane road?!

Phone was left at home by the PC, so just took pictures of the end of the day ride so to speak...talk about major 2 wheeled therapy on that first Spring ride....very much needed!

First pictures I have since the Stage 2 upgrades, inside are Indian Stage 2 Cams and CraigB1960 Stage 2 tune, the intake and exhaust need no intro =)

Spring2020.1.jpeg

Spring2020.jpeg

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sweet. Well, except forgetting your phone. How are you liking stage 2? What year is your Chieftain? I bought the programmer last year and have yet to use it. Stage 1 on my Chieftain.

·
Rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. Well, except forgetting your phone. How are you liking stage 2? What year is your Chieftain? I bought the programmer last year and have yet to use it. Stage 1 on my Chieftain.
2016 Chieftain, bought it last Fall, the previous owner must have a good case of OCD, had 2,400 miles on it, like new condition, all recalls done, went to pull the dipstick this morning to change oil, it has brand new oil so just rode instead.

Really like the Stage 2 set up, especially after CraigB tuned the engine, makes great power and sounds pretty muscular, was not looking for over the top performance, just more torque and power in the mountains of Montana where I ride when touring.

·
Registered
746 Posts
2016 Chieftain, bought it last Fall, the previous owner must have a good case of OCD, had 2,400 miles on it, like new condition, all recalls done, went to pull the dipstick this morning to change oil, it has brand new oil so just rode instead.

Really like the Stage 2 set up, especially after CraigB tuned the engine, makes great power and sounds pretty muscular, was not looking for over the top performance, just more torque and power in the mountains of Montana where I ride when touring.
Montana is awesome. Been there each year for a long time. It's the best way south from Alberta

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
Finally was able to get the Chieftain out of Winter storage, been trying last 2 weeks, each time I tried we got snow, today was a perfect 72 and weather co-operated for once.

As got gas in my friends 78 XLCR before the ride, the Chieftain drew tons of attention from station patrons and other bikers riding past the gas station, makes one feel good, I'm sure you know what I mean. We stopped for a while to watch the Tongue River flow over the dam and catch up on things, as I reached for my phone in my jacket to get a couple picture of our bikes I gasped.....no phone in an unzipped pocket...yikes, did it drop out on that two lane road?!

Phone was left at home by the PC, so just took pictures of the end of the day ride so to speak...talk about major 2 wheeled therapy on that first Spring ride....very much needed!

First pictures I have since the Stage 2 upgrades, inside are Indian Stage 2 Cams and CraigB1960 Stage 2 tune, the intake and exhaust need no intro =)

View attachment 587077

View attachment 587078
very nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts