Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys: I'm in California so I'm hoping I could find a place to have my bike dyno'd.
The stage 3 tune they gave me at the shop sucks bad. i know there is more "I can feel it".
I kinda wanted to just do the dynotune thingey from dynojet but I have a feeling a few dyno runs will be best.
Whattya think?
Thanks in advance.

·
Bronze member
2,761 Posts
Ahhh, dynotune thingey from dynojet ..?

Reactions: joescian

·
Bronze member
3,468 Posts
Hey Willy you ever get that Wimmer intake and stage II cams put in?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boy! This CraigB must be #sexyasfu#* since everyone recommends him.
Myself, well I just feel like AL Bundy, I had my day a long time ago. LOL!

·
Silver member
4,933 Posts
Hey Willy you ever get that Wimmer intake and stage II cams put in?
Nope, not yet. Wimmer AC arrived a couple of weeks ago and I still need to call the dealer man to set up the install appointment. When I speak with him I want to know if I can/should deliver the bike with the Wimmer installed. That would be my preference but I don't know if they need the stock AC still in place, for whatever reason.

·
Rider
1,607 Posts
Boy! This CraigB must be #sexyasfu#* since everyone recommends him.
Myself, well I just feel like AL Bundy, I had my day a long time ago. LOL!
I’ve never seen a pic of him so I don’t know how sexy he is lmao. But he’s a master tuner and if you want your bike to run right he’s the man. He fixed my noisemaker of an engine with his stage 1 tune and after my cams were put in I didn’t hesitate to ask him for a stage 2 tune.

·
Bronze member
2,761 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,761 Posts
There's no need to dyno chart your bike at this point.
The mod combo you have requires a custom tune to reach full potential.
The 585's have "special needs" ( 12.6 AFR at WOT*, etc etc ) in order to be "unleashed"..**

So, you only have a few tuning choices - Unless you have a PV3 capable (and competent) dyno shop near (which you don't) the Fuel Moto PV3 + ARTS is your best choice. ( which is remote tuning by @CraigB1960)

P.S. I think the closest PV3 competent shop to you is the DynoJet facility in Las Vegas.. If Fuel Moto + ARTS (or Las Vegas) is not an option for you, there is one other way to get your bike tuned, but it will cost more than FM+ARTS (or Las Vegas) and have less chance of satisfaction.

* WOT = wide open throttle
** This knowledge is from forum members data - what we've found..

·
Bronze member
2,761 Posts
I’ve never seen a pic of him so I don’t know how sexy he is.................
So sexy his image is copyrighted ... Watch for him on Wheatie Boxes...

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
I go with Indianster what he says because I was trying to get my Hayabusa Turbo tuned.
And it ran good at full throttle max HP which is what they had tuned it for.
Driveability was crap and was snatchy, jerky and not running smooth as it should of been at partial throttle settings so basically wasnt driveable on the street.
Went with a data logger and remotely tuned it and it was the best time and money i have spent tuning it.
Go with PV3 and remote tune with Craig and you will be much happier I am sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts