Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proud Scout Owner! Gold Supporter!
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

my wife and i are going to the cotswolds this summer.
Any hints, what we have to see and what is rubbish? Or roads to drive?
We are both on bikes and located in the Nailsworth area.

Greetings from germany :D

·
Bronze member
2,584 Posts
It's all good there, but you are going to a tourist spot so it could get expensive.
But have fun if you do. Ride safe.

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kriss,
thanks for your answer. We´ve booked a small cottage in advance, which is outside Nailsworth.
It´s not too expensive for british conditions.

·
Bronze member
1,136 Posts
roads can be very small, animal sheep cows in herds on roads, Stroud big town like and Ham Butts near Painswick ,,,yeah villages they exist are nice stop for the ploughmans lunch.

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roads can be very small, animal sheep cows in herds on roads, Stroud big town like and Ham Butts near Painswick ,,,yeah villages they exist are nice stop for the ploughmans lunch.
Hi hankharmony,

sounds great. That´s what we love when ever we are in England, which is every other year.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bourton on the water. Beautiful village, with its own famous model village, if you like that sort of thing.

Upper and lower Slaughter. Appallingly named villages, regularly win 'most picturesque village in England' competitions.

Oxford. Has a decent university :)-)), and plenty to see and do. If sunny, go punting on the Cherwell by Magdalen (pronounced more-d-lin).

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,026 Posts
Hi there,

my wife and i are going to the cotswolds this summer.
Any hints, what we have to see and what is rubbish? Or roads to drive?
We are both on bikes and located in the Nailsworth area.

Greetings from germany :D
Sounds like a fun trip. I visited England in 1993 for 3 days and had a great time. Sadly, I was without a bike, but I attended a vintage bike meet at an old WWII airfield outside of London. They had a drag strip set up on the runway and were running vintage bikes 1-on-1 by decade (a 1915 Triumph vs. a 1918 BSA for example). It was too cool and the folks attending couldn't have been nicer to this Texan. I'd love to return and tour the British Isles on a bike sometime.
--- Randall

·
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bourton on the water. Beautiful village, with its own famous model village, if you like that sort of thing.

Upper and lower Slaughter. Appallingly named villages, regularly win 'most picturesque village in England' competitions.

Oxford. Has a decent university :)-)), and plenty to see and do. If sunny, go punting on the Cherwell by Magdalen (pronounced more-d-lin).
Thank you, Frosty :D

Reactions: Frosty
1 - 8 of 8 Posts