Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

To all of us SW Florida folks in the "Cone"

3K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  wildmandmc 
#1 ·
Looks like we in the cone of Heavy Rain. Just when we thought we had enough rain. coming to a weekend near us. wtf.

#3 ·
It's that time of the year, just as it's been for ions. We ALWAYS need all the rain we can get as us humans have totally screwed Florida's ecology with our "florida water management" system.
I welcome the rain (even tho it definitely hurts my m/c shop bizzness) as it might mean one more year we might not go into drought status.

RACNRAY

Reactions: Demolition Man
#7 ·
SO FAR....but we still have quite a bit of hurricane season left, it officially ends Nov. 30th!

Reactions: wildmandmc
#16 ·
Hurricane update from Florida.
We are now certain there is a hurricane. It's somewhere between a Cat. 1 and a Cat 5. We are sure it may or may not bring rain to all areas totaling .01" to 10 feet. We also know it will be impacting none or all of Florida coming ashore on the east, west, northwest or Alabama side of the state sometime on Saturday, Sunday or Monday but we are not ruling out Tuesday. Stay informed with the most accurate weather forecast on earth.

#18 ·
Another hurricane, y'all remember, they're never a big deal until they are. Back in 1968 while on one of our extended hunting trips Typhoon Bess hit us in I Corps, South VietNam while we were out in the bush. What a miserable time that was with only our poncho liners to protect ourselves. Try and keep a smoke lit in that shivt with the winds blowing and the rain hitting us like a waterfall for 3-4 days.

After the storm was over I came down with emersion foot (all the skin peels off the bottom of your feet) and I had to be evaced back to An Hoa. A Corpsman asked me how I had let that happen so I told him I had no idea, after all I had brought an extra pair of socks. I couldn't walk for several days.

#19 ·
Another hurricane, y'all remember, they're never a big deal until they are. Back in 1968 while on one of our extended hunting trips Typhoon Bess hit us in I Corps, South VietNam while we were out in the bush. What a miserable time that was with only our poncho liners to protect ourselves. Try and keep a smoke lit in that shivt with the winds blowing and the rain hitting us like a waterfall for 3-4 days.

After the storm was over I came down with emersion foot (all the skin peels off the bottom of your feet) and I had to be evaced back to An Hoa. A Corpsman asked me how I had let that happen so I told him I had no idea, after all I had brought an extra pair of socks. I couldn't walk for several days.
I went through the same deal. Stretched out my poncho liner and tied off the 4 ends, propped up the center with an e-tool and crawled inside. The poncho was on the ground on all 4 sides and kept the wind off me. Barely enough room to sit. Socks were dry-it was a good day.

#20 ·
It's all good brother, we're still here. Many of our brothers are not. Just saying.

#24 ·
I didn't lose power or anything, I just had 3 of my 5 kids and their children and wives with me. Thank god the storm passed.

Reactions: frankm
#30 ·
As many as 13,000 homes have been severely damaged or destroyed, according to a statementfrom the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and extensive flooding has created an "urgent need" for clean water as wells become contaminated with saltwater.

Really feel bad for people in the bahamas, been there not many shelters, an no place to ride to be safe.
They haven't released death toll but i would imagine its going to a high number

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.