Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow tribesmen and -women,

I recently installed new front brake pads on my 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100. These were EBC “Double-H sintered pads" and wanted to order the same pads for my 2016 Scout 60. After changing the bike specs, RevZilla suggested these pads were correct for that bike:

"EBC FA672V Semi-Sintered Front Brake Pads" – I have no clue how and why “Double-H sintered” all of a sudden became “Semi-Sintered”, but here it comes:

The “Fitment Note” for these (recommended) pads says: “Only applicable to Indian Scouts with Toso calipers. Please check your calipers prior to ordering, if they are not Toso, order FA209/2HH instead.”

RevZilla couldn’t help me here at all and pointed to my manual and Indian forums to get this sorted out.

No big deal, but here is my dilemma: Neither my calipers itself nor my manual does say what kind of calipers are installed on my particular bike. (non ABS 2016 Scout Sixty) My calipers have 4 numbers engraved on top: 151224 020007 151224 020008

Here are a few pictures of my front calipers. Can anyone identify them and tell me they are either “Toso” calipers or not?

Also, since this forum contains such a wealth of knowledge, can somebody please explain the difference between “Double-H sintered” and “Semi-Sintered”?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Oh no....what???? Is this another oil thread I have started and that's why nobody is responding? What calipers have you guys on your 2016 Scouts and what brake pads work?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @Ironchief53, I kind of know now the difference between "Semi Sintered" and "Double H sintered", but still have no clue what's best for the Scout and what calipers I have installed. That's just the key question: Are these calipers made by Toso or not.
What has everybody else bought and installed as brake pads?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lifted from page 3, post #41 of the thread stickied at the top of the forum.

The pads numbers for the 2017/18 Scout / Scout 60 and the 2018 Scout Bobber are FA209/2HH for the front and FA213HH for the rear.

The FA672HH (front) and FA377HH (rear) only apply to the 2015/16 Scout and the 2016 Scout 60.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @dw8, I'm lost here. Where is "post #41"? I cannot see that thread "stickied at the top of the forum"......guess I'm a bit overwhelmed here with "forum-stuff/technology" - what does "stickied" mean here? SORRY! :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go back one step from this thread to the "Indian Scout" category. It shows you all the threads in it. The thread I mentioned is the very first one on the page called "The right numbers for scout brake pads." As for post number. Your reply to this thread is #7. As in 7th person to reply in this thread. Stickied means it never leaves the top of the page.

Discussion Starter • #7 40 m ago
Thanks @dw8, I'm lost here. Where is "post #41"? I cannot see that thread "stickied at the top of the forum"......guess I'm a bit overwhelmed here with "forum-stuff/technology" - what does "stickied" mean here? SORRY! :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aah! :giggle: I learned something important today - thanks so much @dw8 :)(y) another proof you're never too old of a dog to learn new tricks ;)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts