·
Bronze member
1,930 Posts
Never

Reactions: Kost and Baron58

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,842 Posts
I think the OP believes that motorcycle tires can be swapped front to rear/rear to front which cannot be done. Today's tires are purposely different for front and rear applications. Besides the wheel assemblies are vastly different and the front & rear tire sizes as well.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
I put in "as often as possible"... which is never.
But there was a time when I could have rotated the tires on my bike, when I had a 1965 BMW R50/2. On that machine the wheels & tires at both ends were identical and actually could be swapped. Not that anyone with a bit of knowledge actually would.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think the OP believes that motorcycle tires can be swapped front to rear/rear to front which cannot be done. Today's tires are purposely different for front and rear applications. Besides the wheel assemblies are vastly different and the front & rear
I see lots of guys running 21” front tires, I’ve been thinking about switching to a 200 mil front and a 130 mil rear...you know, just to be different. I haven’t seen anyone attempt that yet!

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
I ALWAYS rotate my tires!:rolleyes: I put the spare tire that I carry in my saddle bag,:whistle:on the back,run it for six months,then on the front,for another six months.:unsure: :rolleyes: :giggle: WOW!!!! lol Oh ya!! And don't forget to take the winter air out and put the summer air in,and visa versa!!! lol lol lol

Are we havin fun yet??? ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Some the Way Older Touring Model Harley's had the same size Tire Front and Rear but never heard of anyone rotating them even then .. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts