Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Does anyone have a good resource for recommended tire pressures by tire/bike? I recently purchased a set of Dunlop American Elite WW Tires. The tires indicates the max load can be carried at 41 psi and the rear at 42 psi but I noticed that the dealer did not inflate the tires to maximum pressures. I’m not sure if it’s best practice to keep them at their max all the time or if there’s different pressures that should be used for daily use.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
951 Posts
I use 36 psi at front and 42 at the rear . The manual says 36 and 41 psi , so I just round up at 42 on the rear tire to make sure it is never underinflated .

·
Rider
633 Posts
Chieftain recommended psi is Front 36, Rear 41 COLD as per the manual. Just like Josey88 says.

·
Founding member
2,059 Posts
Max is just that ... the maximum that should be safely used. The optimum is not the max whether a bike tire or a car tire. And the pressures should always be measured at cold temperature.

·
Bronze member
3,063 Posts
go by the owners manual.. Ford Bronco II owners learned a hard lesson and almost took down Firestone... the Springfield needs 46psi on the front and IT HAS to follow the owners manual... per Indian... per Dunlop... and that is the same tire as the Chieftain Classic and Roadmaster.. which are lower

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can email the tire manufacturer tech line and they can recommend a pressure based on your application. I’ve done this in the past to the BF Goodrich Tire tech line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts