Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since Indian switched to Metzler the front tire pressure spec is now back to 36. Rear is the same at 41.

·
Registered
504 Posts
So since Indian switched to Metzler the front tire pressure spec is now back to 36. Rear is the same at 41.
Keep in mind, tire ratings and vehicle ratings are not the same. Just like with a car, you go by what's on the door of the car, not necessarily what's on the tire. Not sure why people are obsessed with having the rear tire higher than the front.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the difference. The dunlop e3 combined with the geometry of the Springfield caused a little wobble in the front. Polaris and Dunlop established that the front should be run at 46 lb cold. The geometry of the Springfield hasn't changed, only the tire. The New front tire cold check spec is now 36, just like the others. That is all I was pointing out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 2020 standard Springfield was also 36 front. I’m pretty sure it’s because the front wheel switched from a 16 to a 17 inch. They also switched the front tire from an Elite 3 to an American Elite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts