Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with their tire pressure monitor? Mine is only reading the front tire, in the beginning it wouldn't even read that. Well, will be going to the dealer soon, 345 miles. If this is the only problem I will have, not really worried, but, I want it to work, as it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Knock on wood, I really haven't had any problems with mine. My dealer has been good when I do go in for services.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't been back to dealer as of yet, 435 miles, won't be long now, maybe even this weekend. Finally been able to open it up some, with this mileage...what a beast. I feel like the dealer is going to be ok. they move a lot of bikes and have large staff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine doesn't work at all. The challenge I have is I'm in Vancouver Canada and the closest dealer is in Seattle. I need to wait for better warmer weather.

·
Registered
42 Posts
CRG914...Let me know how your first checkup goes. I'm at 440 miles, and still on the fence about B'Ham or Hattiesburg! Thanks...Danny Mac.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out your handbook. There is a setting on the display that allows you to register the sensors. Page 46 I think. It says it's for the dealer to register but I did it myself by accident one day. If I remember rightly, you just go to the setting and start riding the bike. I maybe incorrect here, so if anyone else can confirm or correct.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Both mine cut out on day three ride home. I was playing with the buttons and managed to unlink the sensors. wtf? since have not had any readings. I tried to restore using the book, Factory says I need to take to my dealer has tool to relink sensors. I told Indian it is 800 miles to the dealer and that ain't gonna happen, so this feature (and the missing compass) are just bad showing of yor product,, 'till? Indian called me personally when I listed (short) list of grievances. I wrote that when you pay 25large for a world class product, you have expectations on par or exceeding competitors products. These kind of items should get resolved quickly or the product image WILL suffer. It's been three months, am waiting for reply. not expecting one much more. Poncho

·
Registered
8 Posts
my front has cut out twice......but after I shut it down and fire it up again....it works......if that's the worst thing that happens...knock on wood!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
After driving 20 minutes or so at highway speeds my tire pressure monitor indicator light comes on. Rear tire pressure on my chieftain goes from 41 psi at the start of my ride to 49 - 50 psi when the light comes on. I stopped and checked the actual tire pressure with a gauge and in fact it was 50 psi. Could someone tell me if the TPM monitors over inflation or just under inflation. Also is the 9-10 psi tire pressure increase normal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i checked the tire pressure as part of my pre-ride inspection. the tires were definitely cold. The bike had been sitting for 15 hours.

·
Rider
1,101 Posts
I had the front sensor starting to give out intermittent readings so I would get the tire icon starting to show up on my dash. This started at 4500 miles and at the 5K service the mechanic at the dealer in Reno was able to reset the code and get the sensor to work. 800 miles later the sensors are working as normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My front sensor keeps dropping out as well. I've been back to dealer. They checked it and confirmed error codes. It still does it every ride, especially when outside air temp goes above 100F.
Actually even my Display fades. When I'm riding home afterwork and temp is 108 to 110 and sun at my back my display washes out. I used my IR temp gauge and read 135 F at the display face.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the same thing.

After re-calibrating them at the dealer, the rear is great and the front one is lazy - slow to come on. It can go out again an hour into the ride. Most times the display idiot light is on either because it went off well into the ride or was late getting a reading.

I am interested to see if someone finds out the fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer re-calibrated the TPM and it seems to be working fine. Still wondering if the TPM checks for over inflation as well as under inflation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine crapped out already. I bought mine Saturday June 21 its now the 26th. They haven't worked since the 24th. I have 675 miles so far. Taking mine in for service on Monday the 30th. Got a little oil residue at the front exhaust pushrod as well.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts