Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this on my Scout. Don’t know the long term but damn if it prevents crawling to find stems, especially the rear I’m jazzed.

I have no affiliation with this manufacturer.
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Indian Scout 60 (Ruby Red Metallic), 2021 Indian Scout 69 (Deepwater Metallic)
127 Posts
I’ve been looking at adding a TPMS to my Scout for the same reason. I’d also like some advance warning if I develop a leak while riding. A report back with your experience with it after you’ve had it for a while would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chief Vintage Icon (Black/Yellow)
161 Posts
Yep, this is a handy device. I've used them on my Suzuki's (C50T and C90T). I traded them (both bikes) and bought my Vintage. I immediately got one for the Vintage. I mounted them on the handle bar. They work. When I was on my C90T, I noticed the rear tire pressure going down (slowly) during a ride. I find a nail in the tire and jumped from gas station to gas station filling the rear tire with air. And yes, they save me trouble of checking tire pressure on a full fender Vintage. Inexpensive investment. I am assuming you have the TPMS Valve caps installed also. If so, the caps last about a year or so depending on how much you ride.

I would also like to know your feedback after some time. Personally, I'm very happy with mine, but always willing to listen to others.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the exception of the name brand, I have one identical to yours attached to the handlebars on my Stryker. Extremely accurate (measured against digital and old school tire pressure gauges several times each riding season). Had it for several years and the only thing I’ve had to do is charge the monitor (usb charger) and change the batteries in the tire stem caps. If you buy one of these and plan to attach to your handlebars, I highly recommend a different mounting bracket as the one it comes with is pretty cheap. I purchased the PULUZ Camera Handlebar Mount for Gopro Bike Motorcycle Mount from Amazon and couldn’t be happier.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout
101 Posts
This gadget might have alerted me to my rear tire losing air pressure, after the roofing nail wore the head off coming home from VMD at Mid Ohio Race Track two weekends ago. Riding 65 mph for 45 miles without air in your tire isn’t a good idea! When I got to the exit ramp, I realized at the light, that my rear tire was completely flat… limped the 1/2 mile home, and as it was 11pm, I looked at it the next day. Sure enough, there was a 7/16” wear mark where the head HAD been, and a hole in the middle. I plugged it so I could roll it around, and put some air in it. I now have a Shinko 777 whitewall on it, and will replace the DunlopAmerican Elite before spring with the front Shinko 777 whitewall.
‘Thanks, Jesus for honoring my prayer to bring me there and home safely.
Charlie

·
Registered
14 Posts
This gadget might have alerted me to my rear tire losing air pressure, after the roofing nail wore the head off coming home from VMD at Mid Ohio Race Track two weekends ago. Riding 65 mph for 45 miles without air in your tire isn’t a good idea! When I got to the exit ramp, I realized at the light, that my rear tire was completely flat… limped the 1/2 mile home, and as it was 11pm, I looked at it the next day. Sure enough, there was a 7/16” wear mark where the head HAD been, and a hole in the middle. I plugged it so I could roll it around, and put some air in it. I now have a Shinko 777 whitewall on it, and will replace the DunlopAmerican Elite before spring with the front Shinko 777 whitewall.
‘Thanks, Jesus for honoring my prayer to bring me there and home safely.
Charlie
I had a similar experience which is why I bought these, lol!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts