Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone experiencing unusual tire noise in curves?
At speeds over 45, it sounds like I am driving a jeep through the curves, what I would call excessive roaring....my tire pressures are at spec, and I have just over 6000 miles on the tires, but they have lots of tread left......

Is this normal? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
At speeds over 45, it sounds like I am driving a jeep through the curves, what I would call excessive roaring....my tire pressures are at spec, and I have just over 6000 miles on the tires, but they have lots of tread left......

Your back tire is cupped or some say scalloped.Look at the outter edges and you will see the cupping.This has not happened on my Vintage.But happens on my Wing running Dunlop Elites.High-Performance Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

·
Registered
4 Posts

Same problem with the my Indian Roadmaster ! 8,000 miles. Not enough time on the corners ? It's a touring bike !
Next tire will be the Metzler 888.

·
Founding Member
434 Posts
Ah yes the tire noise, the song of my people here in Florida. My Vision begins to sing in curves after about 5,000 miles on the Dunlop Elete 3 tires. Florida is so flat you can stand on a soda can and see both coasts at times. Not too many twisties to ride so uneven wear sets in on the tires and when a curve presents itself my tires like to sing. I haven't had my Vintage do that yet but I'm sure as the miles pile on it will start. I only have 5.8 k miles on the Vintage so the tires haven't shown any serious wear yet. You do have to keep checking the tire pressures because inner tube tires seem to leak down more than the tubeless tires do.

·
Founding Member
682 Posts
Yeah, I had to change out my tires at 10800 miles due to cupping on back tire. Very noisy, could even hear it when straight, rolling to a stop at a light. Upon closer inspection I found a few small cracks down in tread. Front was fine, but was changing over to blackwalls so swapped both to Michelin Commander II's. Hoping they will last longer - Dan

·
Registered
308 Posts
My Vintage makes the rear tire noise going though left hand corners, right side of tire is more worn due to camber of the roads over here in Australia, I have just under 14000 miles (23000km) on the tires, due for a tire change soon, will be going to Metzerler ME888 white walls next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts