Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Challenger owners and riders; is it time to start our own PowerPlus 108 Performance and Suspension Section on this forum, similar to the Thunderstroke 111? We could probably eliminate the "suspension" component here as I don't suspect there will be much to alter in our suspensions, at least not for regular riding and touring duty. Now if we have some owners who are content in taking their bikes up on the track, well, that's a different story. I did see a conversation in one of the Challenger threads about the aftermarket and/or Indian coming out with a BIG BORE kit for our bikes bringing HP up to 150 feathers. Honestly, you really don't need it, (I said need, not WANT!!!) but we all know that some owners are addicted to power (yes, I'm one of them) and it's all about fastest, most powerful bike in the neighborhood. I do suspect that just to increase the "cubes" on our PP108's, there will be bigger jugs, as SIZE does matter in conversation and bragging rights, seeing that our own brand already has displacements from 111 to 116 to 121CI. And to boot, Harvey Donaldson has a 131CI block. Now our PP108's sound and "look" small!! I have to suspect there will be a whole NEW menu of cams, air intakes, header pipes, turbo's, superchargers, cat/resonator delete kits, exhaust, head work, tunes, etc, etc, etc. I'll leave it up to our Moderators to see what they want to do here, but aside from some small cosmetic upgrades to my Challenger, the rest of what I want to see and learn more about is what can Indian and/or the aftermarket get out of this base powerplant. Me thinks that 150HP is just a cam, airbox and tune away. The Power Gods are telling me that 175-200HP is doable with cams, heads, jugs, tunes, airbox and pipes. If Ducati can do it out of a 1200CC motor the size of a sewing machine, I think the creativity and ingenuity of Indians engineers and aftermarket can do it as well with our 108's. Now, fellow Injuns, that will be something to look forward to. Twisting the throttle with 200HP in your right hand on a cross country touring bike will be the most intoxicating experience on two wheels....especially with an Indian logo on your tank!! Let's do it!!! Who's in!??!??!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone heard when Dynojet will be releasing a tuner? I have to think they want to release that before the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What’s the base model top speed? I’ve seen it said they are governed to 110mph.
Greenbliss, that is correct. And I'm not sure the reason.....you'll have to call Polaris corporate attorneys on that one. I'm not really interested in seeing if my Challenger will hit 150MPH, which it clearly has the feathers, suspension, brakes and tires to handle, but I want to be the fastest to get to 110 and forget everything above that. I also like real "power" when you whack it in 5th or 6th gear and the bike takes off like a scared gazelle.....that' the power I'm interested in. At 150MPH, you really can't enjoy the scenery and you're not even looking down at your tach or speedo at that speed.....believe me.....I've been there. Not really that much fun if you ask me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone heard when Dynojet will be releasing a tuner? I have to think they want to release that before the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been nagging DynoJet for a Challenger PV! Big fan of their PV tuner after using it on two diff VRods.
Attached pic shows responses I got from DynoJet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts