Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Indian scout for 32 months. I've enjoyed a lot of praise from passers by. I've enjoyed riding it. The engine is brilliant. It made me want to ride a bigger engined Indian. I desired an indan chief dark horse. However here in Britain the price of a dark horse is £18000 with a rock solid residual values unlike my Scout which after almost 3yrs is worth less than the finance company settlement figure. So thats it then , ill not be buying a bigger engined indian cruiser.
During my ownership ive had 2 warranty issues. One of rust on the rear fender after 10 months. Then theres the issue of the faulty starter motor recall. I have to say Polaris without question have repaired these . However when your dealer is 150 miles away it cost me £120 to get the bike to the dealer. Something im not happy about.
When i bought my scout I thought that polaris would try to increase the dealer network . They havent.
So its time to say goodbye to my scout.
I've picked out a Harley Davidson Street Bob at £11243 for a 2019 zero miles showroom model. It fits the bill for me. Big cubes low price big dealer network.
Sorry Guys !

·
Silver member
5,028 Posts
Let us know how many times you need to take your HD into the dealer for warranty issues over 32 months.

Twice in three years is not horrendous by any means. And one was cosmetic.

I understand your frustration, but you bought a small company bike. Just like Triumph. Indian is not going to have a dealer every 50 miles anytime soon. It will take years to build that kind of network. And sales need to support it.

·
Rider
999 Posts
Bye

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: wasichu34

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,784 Posts
I've owned my Indian scout for 32 months. I've enjoyed a lot of praise from passers by. I've enjoyed riding it. The engine is brilliant. It made me want to ride a bigger engined Indian. I desired an indan chief dark horse. However here in Britain the price of a dark horse is £18000 with a rock solid residual values unlike my Scout which after almost 3yrs is worth less than the finance company settlement figure. So thats it then , ill not be buying a bigger engined indian cruiser.
During my ownership ive had 2 warranty issues. One of rust on the rear fender after 10 months. Then theres the issue of the faulty starter motor recall. I have to say Polaris without question have repaired these . However when your dealer is 150 miles away it cost me £120 to get the bike to the dealer. Something im not happy about.
When i bought my scout I thought that polaris would try to increase the dealer network . They havent.
I've picked out a Harley Davidson Street Bob at £11243 for a 2019 zero miles showroom model. It fits the bill for me. Big cubes low price big dealer network.
Sorry Guys !
Sounds like a fun bike!

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Sorry Guys !
Dealer network and rate of depreciation need to be taken into consideration when buying a bike, or any vehicle. I understand your dealer network concern. The depreciation though, Harley depreciation doesn't seem as bad as Indian but it isn't much better, at least not here in the colonies.

Regardless, enjoy your new ride and stop by here and say hey now and then (y)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Let us know how many times you need to take your HD into the dealer for warranty issues over 32 months.

Twice in three years is not horrendous by any means. And one was cosmetic.

I understand your frustration, but you bought a small company bike. Just like Triumph. Indian is not going to have a dealer every 50 miles anytime soon. It will take years to build that kind of network. And sales need to support it.
Maybe I am lucky but where I live in the Uk there are 3 Triumph main dealers within 45 mile of me!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Enjoy the new ride. I used to own a StreetBob; great bikes and a blast to ride.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts